Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 03:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repeqting herself  (Read 215 times)
CravingPeace

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: November 18, 2023, 12:09:11 PM »

Wonder if anyone else has this experience. I asked my wife what time the kids friends bday party was as she wanted me to take him, she said Im not sure i'll check in a bit . Later on I asked again what time it was and she got irritable and said the time very grumpily. When I asked why the tone, she said as I already came and told you. I said did I acknowledge to check I hadn't just not heard. She said I had. The thing is I am sure she didn't tell me. She also said then that she had told me last week and I had been annoyed about the time. I am sure that didn't happen. So is she mixing things up? Or am I really forgetting things?  This happens quite often and she tells me I don't listen. I am pretty sure she isn't deliberately doing this she literqly thinks she has told me, and I am pretty sure I don't just routinely forget things 30 mins after being told when I hqd asked for the information so I could plan my day. So what is going on?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pook075
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 01:01:22 PM »

Wonder if anyone else has this experience. I asked my wife what time the kids friends bday party was as she wanted me to take him, she said Im not sure i'll check in a bit . Later on I asked again what time it was and she got irritable and said the time very grumpily. When I asked why the tone, she said as I already came and told you. I said did I acknowledge to check I hadn't just not heard. She said I had. The thing is I am sure she didn't tell me. She also said then that she had told me last week and I had been annoyed about the time. I am sure that didn't happen. So is she mixing things up? Or am I really forgetting things?  This happens quite often and she tells me I don't listen. I am pretty sure she isn't deliberately doing this she literqly thinks she has told me, and I am pretty sure I don't just routinely forget things 30 mins after being told when I hqd asked for the information so I could plan my day. So what is going on?

I experienced that quite a bit as well and it drove me nuts.  We'd make plans, my wife would disappear, then say, "I told you last week that I had a bridal shower today at 2PM."  And I'm thinking, but it's 7PM...and you made plans with me last night to go to Costco early afternoon.

The communication was terrible and I think she'd just forget to tell me, then get mad at me when I asked.  Somehow it was always my fault, LOL.
CravingPeace

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »

Yeah i get worried am I losing my mind! But i cant exactly call her out on it as  there is no proof either way who said what. But it is really annoying to be constantly told I am not listening or forgetting stuff. I wonder if there is some way to draw her attention to it without causing a massive fight?. As she is addamant she tells me things and I forget. I am sure I dont. Like if I am trying to plan ny day and i ask for timings and she tells me, why would i forget 30 minutes later!
thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

Formerly known as broken person…

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 03:41:12 PM »

This happens to me all the time too. I have come to the conclusion that my wife is delusional. It’s not her deliberately making up the stories about me being a bad person, but her brain is telling her these things and apparently she wishes I wasn’t so useless. I don’t try to argue that much anymore. I just tell her clearly a couple of times that she’s wrong and then leave it (it’s really just for my own satisfaction that I want to stand up for myself as it achieves absolutely nothing, it just angers her…)

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest