Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 12:04:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coping  (Read 357 times)
reflectiveimran
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 14, 2015, 11:46:49 PM »

I am single and she is married with four children. I am older. She sought me out, gave me intellectual and emotional brightness and great physical intimacy and love. In the first year the anger bursts were less frequent and mild. As we got physically intimate, the anger spells and the highs started increasing in intensity.

The highs are the highest, while totally irrelevant and false triggers trigger emotional abuse. She claimed in the beginning that she had to be rescued by me from a husband who had financially and emotionally betrayed her. Gradually she started controlling me, cutting me off from my friends who helped and made me feel good. I followed like a pup, never having experienced such intellectual and sexual chemistry. After two years now the abuses have become frequent, three to four days a high then 3-4 days a low. I am a very strong person emotionally but now wrecking myself. I know I should leave her but I have invested all in her, my emotions love and care, treating her like a princess in a fantasy land.

The bitterness has increased as I am having to go for two years out of the neighbourhood, but I can't fathom the abuse. The false allegations, the abuse, the ups and downs. I am being destroyed emotionally. If I go to get the car fixed, I am on a hot betrayal date, if I get a facial from a female, I am a betrayer.

I know I should let her go, but I cant. I don't know what stops me, just can't
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:46:41 PM »

Hi reflectiveimran,

What kind of false allegations, are you in legal trouble, or is it a social smear campaign?

Relationships with a person with BPD (pwBPD) are tough: staying, undecided, or leaving.

The "false triggers" as you say, are something I think all of us here can relate to. I used to call it "getting mad over stupid little things." I even used to say that, which made things worse. Inappropriate anger is certainly a trait of BPD.

We do, however, have validation tools specifically developed to help reduce conflict with pwBPD... .They are outlined in Lesson 3 in the lessons at the top of the board. Do you think they might help?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 04:27:31 AM »

Sorry to hear you have got yourself in such a mess.

I think you realize that you are on a hiding to nothing. This woman is married to someone else, so are you of the belief you have a future, or are you looking to find a palatable way to let go?

Being in a normal relationship with someone like this takes time and an enormous amount of effort and commitment to turn it around. How do you think this could pan out given you are not in a primary relationships?

In short, what is in this long term for you?

Before attempting to turn things around you need to honestly know what your goals are and why.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest