Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 13, 2024, 06:14:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Media Post  (Read 382 times)
MilfordGranger

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: February 25, 2021, 05:36:54 PM »

Does this fit with BPD?

Posted this quote "I stopped explaining myself when I realized people only understand from their level of perception."

Just curious if any thoughts
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ThanksForPlaying

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 07:53:04 PM »

Nah - it's just a generic emo quote. Don't read too much into it.

If course you COULD note that anyone who "stops explaining themselves" is just saying "I do what I want" and unable to consider others' feelings. In general, "I don't have to explain myself" or "I don't answer to anyone" are brave-sounding quotes that are inherently selfish and very few people in the world can get away with them - including strong leaders.

The second part of the quote is about "levels of perception" which is pretty vague and important-sounding but doesn't really mean anything. If course everyone has their own perception - that's just what the word means.

So I don't really have an answer, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

MilfordGranger

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »

I'm just struggling, my W is really escalated.  I don't know how much (if any) she has said to other people.  We are in a really bad situation where there is really no good way out right now (partly because I'm dealing with issues with my ex and custody, she likely has NPD). 

My W tells me how horrible I am and that there is no fixing this, yet just weeks ago her valentine's gift she had purchased was a plaque/wooden carving that says "You're simply the best," which ironically came in the middle of everything that is going on because it was late, but of course she can't see the disconnect there. 

I of course am the cause of all the problems, including her poor credit history (which full disclosure, I did miss one payment, that is contributing after I took over the bills and have been overwhelmed, which obviously didn't help).  I am keeping her from our daughter (while she stays in our/her room all day).  I am the reason she can't work, after she had broken her ankle/leg.  I know there is no "fixing" it, but I'm trying to figure out either stop the hemorrhaging and see if we can move on or if she truly feels this way get her/us to move in a different direction.  All while trying to make sure I don't lose our job, because I'm constantly worried about her, but even more so my 2 y/o when I can't be there.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest