Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 04:14:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridicule...  (Read 350 times)
DyingLove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 23, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »

My exBPD obviously will face ridicule from her mother and brother if she breaks N/C and gets in touch or does something unexpected like trying to get me back.

In the event that she felt strongly enuff to want to contact or somehow return, would the Bull/S that she would get from the family stop her?  Or would the BPD over ride any control that others would be trying to force upon her with manipulation or other tactics?

I know that if I felt compelled to do something... .there isn't a force in the universe (except God) that could hold me back.  I would travel the earth from edge to edge or do just about anything.  Do you think she would do the same or what.
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »

Are you feeling compelled to save her from her mother and her brother DL?

Let's say she did attempt contact... .what has changed in the time you've been apart?

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
DyingLove

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »

Are you feeling compelled to save her from her mother and her brother DL?

Let's say she did attempt contact... .what has changed in the time you've been apart?

No Suzn, I don't want to save her... .but if she wanted to contact me, I'd want to know that she would actually do it regardless of who or what tried to stop her.  I know it's crazy, but it's what I'm going thru right now. Until I can throw her by the wayside without regrets.   Thinking back on what I just wrote, I wanna delete everything... .but then I'm not facing my feelings... .right?
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »

Thinking back on what I just wrote, I wanna delete everything... .but then I'm not facing my feelings... .right?

Right. That's very perceptive of you DL.

I've felt as you do before too, that someone else was to blame for my exBPDgf's past actions. I struggled with integrating the good and the bad into the whole person she was. It's hard to remember how we struggled under the same roof, all I wanted to hold onto was the good times. There were times I thought "if she would only stop hanging out with that crowd of friends or this crowd, or stop drinking, things would be ok." I was in denial of plenty that went on when no one was around but the two of us.

I lied to myself because I didn't want to go through the pain of a breakup without the person who had on many occasions gave me comfort. It got better over time, when I started learning how to comfort myself. 

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
neverloveagain

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »

Excerpt
I lied to myself because I didn't want to go through the pain of a breakup without the person who had on many occasions gave me comfort. It got better over time, when I started learning how to comfort myself. 

Wow needed this today thanks.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest