Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Met a girl at a party, pt. 2  (Read 884 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 11, 2018, 02:38:45 AM »

Here is part 1: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=326288.0;all

So I went on a second date with this girl today. I was nervous that the day was too long and we would get bored of each other... .well, the day was phenomenal.

We ended up hanging out even longer than expected. We hung out from 2:30-2am. 

The day was pretty adventurous and full of jokes, laughs, getting to know another. Having a lot in common. We both could not stop talking and we having a great time talking. I was scared we couldn’t talk and we’d bore another.  But that was not the case at all.

I’m only sad there was no kiss involved but more physical touch was and she gave me a long tight hug at the door.
Insom

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:05:32 PM »

So, it sounds like this second date went well.  Any new red flags?  How are you feeling today?

Cromwell
`

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »

A lot of girls still cling on to the concept of male perogative in initiating physical contact.

If you want to kiss her, kiss her!

Really happy for you Wolf.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
CryWolf

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:58:14 PM »

So, it sounds like this second date went well.  Any new red flags?  How are you feeling today?

Yes, it went really well. I did notice some red flags but then I wondered if shes testing me and its her way of saying im passing her tests.

We did make a bet in the beginning about who would offend each other first, as a joke because we both usually offend our friends based off our humor.

she told me about some dates she went on, and the guys only message her at night like shes a bootycall. she said although she still meets them at bars, its fun at times. but she tells me how she actually likes how i want to talk to her during the day unlike others. she told me how shes not looking for a rs right now, and wants to date because she got out of a rs back in march/may. and i told her im fine with that and im not in a rush either.

So eevrything she said about her dates, she mentioned me and how I 1 up it in my opinion.

another time, she told me how she wished she had more female friends and its hard for her to find female friends, although it sounds very cliche.

we had dinner, we then drove to this cafe. she told me how no one has ever made reservations for her before. and i told her how i have never made reservations for anyone before. we both smiled

then we walked around this area we are both unfamiliar too. joking and laughing. time was going by so much. I was stressing about if we were going to get bored of another. but that did not happen.

she mentioned how she was nervous on our first date. I told her i was too. she asked why, and i asked her why she wanted to know?

she said "just wondering because one time i went on this date with someone, and he was extremely nervous. and he texted me the next day and apologized because he said his friends all told him i would tear him apart because im a huge B!tch" and I looked at her, and I said youre not even mean. and we both talked about how people in our lives think we are mean or too offensive based off our humor. and we joked about how we havent fought yet. and i asked her "how does it feel dating someone you have no idea about or anyone knows?" and she said "its excited "

we held hands here and there for brief moments. i tried being slick and gettng her hand in the car, but she told "you need some better moves i seen it all" and we laughed. and then here and there i would have her put her hand on my shift knob with my hand on top because i was teaching her about shifting in my manual car and she said "btw this doesnt count as hand holding" and we joked.

i put my hand on her thigh, and my excuse was my hand was cold. nothing sexual but just build tension.  

we got stuck in traffic after getting purposely lost on the freeway . we got stuck in traffic then there was fireworks. and we started talking and she asked some deep questions. she asked if im a "player" and i told her no, and ive not slept with more than a certain number, and she said the same and we both dont sleep around. the only two she slept with were the ones she was in a relationship with. she asked how long ago i got out of a rs. and i told her how i dated some other people after. i didnt reveal any information about why those didnt work out.

she asked me if i felt a difference in our 3 year age gap. and i told her not really and how we both are pretty goofy and corny. she told me how she is way more goofy than me. and she told me she feels some gap because the guys she dates or been with are extremely immature and insecure compared to me. how i dont get jealous at all, or upset.

this made me wonder if she was testing me about mentioning her previous dates to weed me out.

later on around midnight we got tacos. it was a hole in the wall spot, and she asked me "how do you know about this place?" I decided to play her own game, and be truthful and say " i came here with someone else before" while we walking to our table. she said "oh". i think i somehow gave her a taste of her own medicine. but then right after i saw her engagement go even more up. she asked me if i ever heard of these questions that you ask your partner to make each other fall in love. we asked each other some as we ate. we bonded really well. she told me how she had work at 8am but stayed with me until 2am and told me not to worry and it was okay.

after cruising and talking i dropped her off home. we spent 12 hours together. and that didnt even feel like enough time. i walked her to her doorstep and she gave me a very tight hug. i got her some treats for her dog that i didnt get to meet because it was so late.

i got home around 3am. she messaged me asking if i made it home safe. then when i woke up she sent me a pic of the leftovers from our dinner. we talked a bit but she didnt reply. then later on in the night she sent a video of her giving her dog my treat i got her. i responded and she didnt reply.

she told me in person she does her best not to stay on her phone or on social media. so maybe thats why she doesnt talk much to me on phone.

i would like to ask her on a third date but want to wait and not come off clingy or strong.

I made her laugh so much and i remember i almost made her snort. she also made me laugh and i felt so much joy together. i dont think i have connected with any of the people i dated previously unlike with her. we really have so much in common and we both arent scared to disagree either. but we get surprised when we disagree with another.

Really happy for you Wolf.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thank You! but we sha'll see in time 
CryWolf

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »

Not sure if she’s playing hard to get, or taking things slow about the whole hand holding thing.
Insom

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »

One thing you mentioned earlier is that you'd like to be in a relationship with someone who knows how to listen.  On your first date with this girl you reported that she did most of the talking and you did this listening.  How did this second date go from that perspective?  Were you able to express yourself and feel OK?

CryWolf

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:32:54 AM »

One thing you mentioned earlier is that you'd like to be in a relationship with someone who knows how to listen.  On your first date with this girl you reported that she did most of the talking and you did this listening.  How did this second date go from that perspective?  Were you able to express yourself and feel OK?

Yes! she asked me more questions about myself, and we traded off. and my thoughts as well. she listened and i felt like i was actually was being listened to and my feelings were being taken into consideration. not jaded.  it felt really really really good to actually communicate. this never happened with my BPDex or previous dates. we both shared our feelings and thoughts on the subjects we discussed. we both seemed interested in each others subjects. she even asked questions about my car and how much she likes it and how its my hobby and she didnt understand it but its pretty cool. (i like cars )

we both love sharing music, and i never let anyone play music in my car but she wanted to show me her songs so bad and we play fought in the car and i caved . and we would switch songs back and forth and then one artist came on. and she said 'wow you listen to him?" and i said "yea do u see me differently?" she said "no i love him too wow" and we listened to similar songs.

the whole night we had so much in common that whenever i disagreed with her she said she was surprised.

I noticed her body language, she was fidgeting with her keys here and there. other times she was more open. sometimes her arms were crossed. she did tell me shes had anxiety since birth. and we discussed what makes us feel better, and she discussed some of her foo with me. her family seems like very loving and caring people and she loves her family.

i felt amazing, and i think she did too. we laughed so much together and understood one other? i actually felt like i met someone like me.
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »

i felt amazing, and i think she did too. we laughed so much together and understood one other? i actually felt like i met someone like me.

Awwwww CryWolf,

How nice to hear that you having such a good time!

How lovely!

~pearl. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
CryWolf

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »

Awwwww CryWolf,

How nice to hear that you having such a good time!

SOO,

we got a third date planned next Friday. She is still a dry/dull texter which I don't like but its straight to the point.

I overthink too much about texting and the messages I send. And give myself a hard time.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »

What do you feel is the mismatch with the texting style? Was any of it conditioned or learned from your ex or is this all you?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
CryWolf

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »

What do you feel is the mismatch with the texting style? Was any of it conditioned or learned from your ex or is this all you?

My ex would accuse me of cheating if I didn’t reply in time. Everything was texting with her.

This girl I asked her if she had anything in mind for next week and she opened my Snapchat but never replied to my text. So it hurt
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:16 PM »

How much do you feel that your texting style  (comfort level) is really you or that which is left overt from your ex?

I literally rear ended another vehicle when my ex texted me "when will you be home?" I was so distracted by that.  I was only 5 minutes from home and was on time to arrive when I told her I would in the morning  but I was "trained" to always respond. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:44:06 PM »

This girl I asked her if she had anything in mind for next week

so take it at face value. she doesnt have anything in mind. plan. be creative. be bold  Being cool (click to insert in post).

this is a third date man. her not responding isnt her dumping you. it may be a sign for you personally to keep weaning off text messages. i think this is one of the problems reliance on text messages can cause.

then I wondered if shes testing me and its her way of saying im passing her tests.

how is she doing with your tests?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
spacecadet
formerly Wisedup22

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »

Happy for you that second date was so good. She may appreciate a phone call to chat and set a date during that convo.
CryWolf

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »

HERES the thing.

Last night she sent me a snap, of her saying “On my way” with an emoji then said “oops wrong person”

I later replied with “ have fun, what do you have planned tonight” and then she’s messaged me later saying “Chillinn” and she was in bed.

Then I responded with “ are those your new bedsheets? Lol” and then later a video of me petting my friends cat.

She replied the next morning asking about the cat. And i responded.

She made me a playlist a few days ago and named it after something of our date.

She put really cute love songs in there.

I also texted her today saying, “ I really like this song” and a picture of the song. ANd all she said was “yah same” and I responded with “I’ll make you a playlist when I get off” and then  “I really think ima quot my job at the pharmacy” and then “it was crazy yesterday” and she never replied. I sent this 12 hours ago. She opened my Snapchat messaged 2-3 years ago but never replied to my texts. I tried sending these texts to actually not start a convo over text but she left me on read. I really don’t know what the hell is going on. If she actually liked me she would text me. She would tell me what’s going on or she’s busy. But she hasn’t. Literally it has been 12 hours since I got a text.

I like this girl so damn much but she’s makes me feel like I don’t mean anything to her outside of seeing in her person. I don’t know if she’s seeing other people or not.

I told her I understand if she dates other people and she’s weeds people out, and the last thing is to Ben in a relationship she isn’t happy with. She asked me what If I’m serious with other people and I said then no I want to Ben exclusive.

Idk what’s going. How do you not text someone you like after 12 hours?

Altogough we both established we suck at texting, sh even said she does her best at not staying on her phone and hates social media.

I need help guys. I’m so anxious.

One moment I think she likes me and then tests  me then I think she stalks to other guys and I don’t mean anything.

But then on dates she tells me how no one ever done, etc like I have.

I need help. Please.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »

Some women like to be pursued, but some can be turned off of you pursue too much.  If give it a day and send a neutral friendly "how's it going?" Or similar. 

CryWolf

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 02:20:47 AM »

Ive done too much chasing. We barely
Text and our text messages look like ___ and dull for 2-3 week so of texting. If she’s actually wanted to see me she would text me. Or if she was busy she wouldn’t tell me
She’s busy. It’s bull___.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 02:46:36 AM »

Cry I can't say all I want to right now so will be back later, but wanted to say please respect her wish to not use texting as her main form of communication. It sounds like you both place vastly different value on texts.  As humans we are meaning making machines.  Be conscious of that.  What I hear is along the lines of  'she hasn't text for 12 hours so this means she doesn't like me and she's seeing someone else'.  A lot can happen in my life in 12 hours and if replying to my phone isn't a priority then messages can sit for far longer.

If she's not responding much and the communication is flat, give her some space from the texts and see what happens. She's let you know that being on her phone a lot isn't her style and I can relate. You may be pushing her boundary by continuing to text.  It's only early days yet in getting to know one another. Be mindful of your expectations and try to get past the anxiety. Disordered relationships are super intense and move really fast. The fact that she's not diving in feet first can be a good sign of her emotional health. Take your time.  There is no rush.

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Insom

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 03:07:48 AM »

Hi,  CryWolf.

Excerpt
I need help guys. I’m so anxious.

I here you're anxious and maybe a little angry/frustrated, too. Good job noticing how you feel.  This is good to explore. 

Excerpt
I like this girl so damn much but she’s makes me feel like I don’t mean anything to her outside of seeing in her person. I don’t know if she’s seeing other people or not.

Would it be fair to say the relationship doesn't feel real to you when you're not together in person and that texting provides reassurance?

Excerpt
How do you not text someone you like after 12 hours?

it sounds like you expect her to text you immediately and that it frustrates you when she doesn't because you don't understand what it means.  Is it possible she feels differently about text than you do?  Cares less about text?  Doesn't care to flirt on text?    FWIW, socializing on text annoys me so I rarely do it.  People feel differently about how they use their phones and that's OK.  And also, she's told you she's not big into her phone and social media.  Can you be OK with that?

Excerpt
One moment I think she likes me and then tests  me then I think she stalks to other guys and I don’t mean anything.

I hear you're toggling back and forth between feeling like she really likes you and then feeling like a non-person.  Is there another way of looking at the situation that isn't so either/or, black and white?

CryWolf

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »

I’m not sure how to look into the grey with this.

I don’t understand how you don’t reply back to someone in 24 hours.

She texted me this morning, and asked “are you still gonna work at a pharmacy?” I replied with “I received an offer to a different company so maybe”

I sent her a Snapchat asking who she’s going for in the World Cup as well.

I need to take a step back a and compose myself. I’ve been  little things gets to me and dwelling on negatives rather than the positive. I’m dwellings on the things she hasn’t done than the thing she she has done and I’m scared I’m going to ruin this.

I wanted to tell her she sucks at texting but, that wouldn’t be a good idea.

My friends all told me that if she liked me she would at least put an effort in texting me.  Not make me feel like I don’t matter and talk to me when it’s convenient for her.

The thing is she made me a playlist when I asked her for music and she put a cute title that pertained to our date. The songs were lovey dovish.

When I messaged her a song I liked all she said was “yah same”... seriously? And when I reminded her to send me this video she kept talking about and made a comment about it, she didn’t even reply to it. But on the date she was so excited to show me it... .so idk.

I don’t know what to do, before I would just go along with her not responding on Snapchat. But now it’s annoying. And we both said how we’re busy but idk if she’s doing it to play games or she’s actually busy. And I’m scared I’m going to push her away because all I wanted was a conversation through text with her.

I don’t want her to think “wow I have this guy in the bag, he’s so easy” and then think I’m annoying and stop talking to me. But I also am afraid if we don’t text she won’t like me and we won’t have a deep connection.

Insom

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:57 AM »

I hear you've developed some intense feelings pretty quickly which can be a red flag.

Excerpt
I need to take a step back a and compose myself.

Nice idea. What does stepping back look like to you?

CryWolf

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 12:34:17 PM »

Let her approach me. Back off. Have a take it or leave it attitude like the previous girls I dated. Stop caring about everything she thinks about. Not makes her a priority if I’m not one.

Stop forcing things. I got so hooked by her.
Insom

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »

How do you feel about stepping back to assess if this is a healthy relationship for you?

CryWolf

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »

How do you feel about stepping back to assess if this is a healthy relationship for you?

I think I became really hooked by our second date based off our bonding and talking. and also her being distant inbetween dates and her feelings being unclear as well as mine that ive shown her.

She could be feeling anything, but idk. this friday we have a date. and I hope it goes well. no idea what to plan.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 03:18:24 PM »

But I also am afraid if we don’t text she won’t like me and we won’t have a deep connection.

i think members are trying to tell you that this is not how deep connections are formed. certainly not how she seems to form them.

CryWolf, im not really sure why youre looking at this (lack of texting) as your sole source of reassurance. second and third dates are reassurance. this girl has consistently shown interest in you. things are going well and at the pace they ought to be.

but your anxiety is getting the best of you and is triggering you big time. its almost as if anxiety = attachment (attachment styles speak to this).  and you are sabotaging a bit in trying to find reasons she doesnt like you, or that you should cut her off.

Let her approach me. Back off. Have a take it or leave it attitude like the previous girls I dated. Stop caring about everything she thinks about. Not makes her a priority if I’m not one.

Stop forcing things. I got so hooked by her.

i bring all of this up because its happened before and i suspect its likely to happen again regardless of what happens. and it can become like a self fulfilling prophecy, sabotaging future relationships. id hate to see that.

this is a light and fun, not hot and heavy stage of a relationship. youre getting to know each other. youve had some good dates and shown her a good time. your investment in that is higher than hers, and higher than it would be for 90% of women. shes not preoccupied. shes going with the flow and shes content. probably excited too. none of this means shes a danger or bad news but our hearts and minds can go there to protect from anxiety or feelings of powerlessness. we project it on others and misread them.

my advice would be let go of the texts. focus on the dates. youre coming up on your third. thats the connection. thats where she feels connected. have fun. show her a good time. kiss her if you want to kiss her! a third date is certainly a step... .at that point youll want to assess if you want to take things further or maybe see other people.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
CryWolf

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »

You guys are absolutely right. I was putting too much detail into the texts. My friends were getting in my head about texts and if someone liked me they would make time for me. They also were telling me she probably was just using me for dates. This got me so affected. me being ignored or waiting for responses makes me feel like I’m not a priority and she’s with some one else. But I need to stop thinking like this. It’s not healthy and I’m only self sabatoging.

I hate not knowing and not feeling in control. I need to be more in the present and go with the flow and present moment. I’m not sure how to become more accepting of this. I know this is the right approach to many things and it’s worked so far. I need to stop putting meaning behind everything and look at any negative.

Today I asked her if she was busy to hang out and she told me she was at her second job and we actually had a convo sporadically on snap.

I need to stop placing meaning on texts and if she’s doesn’t respond to me it doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. My whole life has been used to texting and if someone who doesn’t text back means they aren’t interested. But so far the dates speak for themselves.

I need to practice being calm and in the moment and positive.

So far things are back on track. Date is this Friday.

I want to kiss her but the timing is never right and she backs away sometimes when I get close or when I walk her to her door she quickly hugs me. She seems very nervous and anxious

It’s supposed to rain this Friday. And I was thinking of going to lunch and then a lake but idk anymore. I’m not sure what to plan and be romantic. I love planning and I’m kind of in a block right now
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 10:12:53 PM »

Quote from: CW
My whole life has been used to texting and if someone who doesn’t text back means they aren’t interested. But so far the dates speak for themselves.

Be mindful of who you are, but respect her for who she is. If she weren't interested, she wouldn't be going on a date with you,  yes?

Maybe not go in for the kiss so soon. Just touch her a lot.  Not in a creepy way, but find ways to touch her arm, shoulder, nudge, etc. If she reciprocates then you know she's interested.  

CryWolf

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 11:56:24 PM »

Be mindful of who you are, but respect her for who she is. If she weren't interested, she wouldn't be going on a date with you,  yes?

Maybe not go in for the kiss so soon. Just touch her a lot.  Not in a creepy way, but find ways to touch her arm, shoulder, nudge, etc. If she reciprocates then you know she's interested.  

Very good point Turkish. And yes has been more touching, and she initiated as well. But I still think she is waiting for the kiss to be later down. Idk. Shall see Friday.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 12:28:14 PM »

if someone liked me they would make time for me.

this is a true statement. but what it means really depends on context.

three dates is making time for you. "im constantly working but lets meet at 1 am" is clearly making time for you.

you could also say that if she showed up at your house right now and asked you to marry her that she obviously liked you and was making time for you. given the nature and state of the relationship, i think wed all find it inappropriate and excessive.

this is not a deep, close, best friendship. this is not a girl whom you have been in a relationship with for a few months (or one that at this point is official). this is a girl you met at a party, hit it off with, and have had a couple of dates with where you clicked, and shes (clearly) interested in doing that again. it doesnt sound like its more than that, and at the moment, thats fine; its par for the course and where things "should" be. learning about pars for courses (stages of relationships) will go a long way, and i suspect it will take some experience and trial and error to make sense of. learning about what you like and dont like, whats normal and not normal, whats realistic and unrealistic, whats workable and not workable, and how it all evolves and can devolve over time.

in your recent posts, you have expressed wanting more, at least by text. more connection, more chat. i dont think thats invalid. i do think it may be unrealistic by and large in terms of where the relationship is, how she is, and where she sees the relationship currently. healthy and independent people dont just dive all in from the moment they find someone they click with.

are there women that at this point would be blowing up your phone? sure. youve met at least one. youve also seen how easy it is to over invest in that, how easy it can be to read it as more of a foundation for a relationship than exists, and how quickly it can fizzle out.

They also were telling me she probably was just using me for dates.

i dont even know what this means. using someone for dates? like, a free dinner? having nights on the town with you, touching, all this conversation and shared interests, sounds like an obscene amount of trouble to go to in order to obtain a free dinner. for what its worth, ive never met nor heard of anyone who has done that.

me being ignored or waiting for responses makes me feel like I’m not a priority and she’s with some one else.

back to the state of where the relationship is (at this point) it strikes me as a healthy sign that shes not made you more of a priority than she has. fear and anxiety are driving you to make her essentially a very top priority. i suspect she doesnt have that going on, and so it isnt coloring her thoughts or driving her. thats not the same as disinterest.

im not saying make her less of a priority, or that she needs to make you more of one, exactly. im saying read the situation and see things for what they are and dont over invest your heart and mind. real connection and bonding (not hours of texting, though they can feel nice) take time to build and grow.

I hate not knowing and not feeling in control. I need to be more in the present and go with the flow and present moment. I’m not sure how to become more accepting of this. I know this is the right approach to many things and it’s worked so far. I need to stop putting meaning behind everything and look at any negative.

this probably wont change over night, but with conscious effort and learning. CryWolf, im the king of anxiety and over reading and obsessing. i find the better i get at reading people and situations (as opposed to projecting my fears and anxieties), the less they affect me. the better i am at spotting my triggers, realizing im triggered, and self soothing. and the better i am at giving and receiving love (or "like". Wisemind.

theres a lot you do know. she approached you. youre now approaching a third date. youve had lots of touch, flirting, holding hands. if we discount the positive and lean on more reassurance, nothing is ever enough.

I need to stop placing meaning on texts and if she’s doesn’t respond to me it doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. My whole life has been used to texting and if someone who doesn’t text back means they aren’t interested. But so far the dates speak for themselves.

as i said previously, this will probably take some adjusting and adapting. we all get very used to our mediums, but the dating world, as we get older, is constantly changing. when i was in high school, relationships and friendships were very much conducted by text. afterward, i continued to use them as a sort of crutch while the rest of the world moved on from that medium. it took me some time to adapt to that. now, text would do very little for me.

I want to kiss her but the timing is never right and she backs away sometimes when I get close or when I walk her to her door she quickly hugs me. She seems very nervous and anxious

knowing this, id agree with Turkish, dont push too hard for the kiss. she may certainly be nervous and anxious. a few times in my life i held back because i was nervous, even though i wanted to kiss. my ex was nervous and anxious, clearly evaded my efforts, but when she calmed down, kissed me. in other words, what you describe suggests not a bad thing necessarily, but that for whatever reason, she hasnt been ready.

It’s supposed to rain this Friday. And I was thinking of going to lunch and then a lake but idk anymore. I’m not sure what to plan and be romantic. I love planning and I’m kind of in a block right now

youve done a good job so far. lunch and the lake sound fine to me. you know what she likes and is interested in. as you let go of the tension, ill bet it will come to you.

CryWolf

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 06:34:05 AM »

Thank you for the amazing advice Once Removed.

I truly appreciate it and have been re reading it multiple times to soothe my anxiety.

However, I am extremely anxious of her talking to other guys.

Last week our date was on Tuesday. Last night she responded to my snap around 1am taking A picture in someone’s passenger seat. Last week, I saw her take a pic on snap of being in my passenger seat. Not sure if she’s talking to multiple guys and doing the same thing.

I asked her “how was your day?” And she said “it was really good”
She does have a nanny job, could be someone giving her a ride home. Could be Uber giving her s ride home since she doesn’t drive. Could be a date.

These thoughts are driving me crazy. I’m going all
Out on my dates and I’m not sure where I even stand with her if she’s dating other people. I haven’t dated someone before who dates other people.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest