Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 02:13:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can see clearly now  (Read 338 times)
dancinginthelight

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 16, 2013, 06:00:10 AM »

It wasnt really a 4 year r/s that I thought I had with him.  Yeah, we met up in 2008 and he idolised me

for about a year.  He claimed he was so into me and loved me deeply.  As long as I was in his life, thats

all that mattered to him.  He was just mirroring my attraction that I had for him.  It wasnt love on his part

at all.  He was always updating his photos on a date site while I was involved with him.  He said he only

went on site to find friends?

That was in 2009.  2010 he got a flat near me as it was impossible for him to live with me because my

teenage daughter was obnoxious, she did not approve of me seeing this guy.

I would go and visit him when I could as I had to take care of my d, who was becoming more mentally

unstable.  This put a huge strain on r/s but what else could I do?  My d needed me, even though her behaviour

towards me became violent and aggressive.

Fast forward to 2011, found the ex on a new date site, saying he was looking for r/s. He did not say a word

to me that he wanted out or that he was unhappy with me.

We were only seeing one another once a week by then.

My intuition was telling me that all was not well.  I suspected him of lying.  Everything became so unreal.

This man was not whom I thought he was anymore.

I had virtually had to make appointments to visit him.  I allowed all this as I did not want to stress him out as

he was having problems at work.

He was not paying his rent and made no effort to resolve this. All lead to him being evicted.

Three days later he found a new place.  In my heart I knew he was checking out of this r/s.

In 2012, febuary, he allowed me to visit his new place. once.  That was it.  March, his calls were becoming

scarce.  I never saw him hardly.

April, he disappeared.  Early may 2012, he rang and said he hated the world and wamted tp be alone.  I asked

him if he had found someone new. He denied this saying he loved me deeply and there was no one else.

He offered to take me to lunch.  Stupid me did not see this as the last Id see of him.

And thats it!

The reason Im posting this, and I know Ive repeated myself alot on this board, is to say that I am in a much

better place today.  Not 100% but becoming stronger emotionally.

I am able to avoid certain websites that he uses. No longer want or have the desire to know anything what

he gets upto or doing.

It wasnt real, any of it.  Im not perfect and made mistakes, but my love for him was real and genuine.

Sadly he wasted 4 years of my life and regret ever having met him and believed in him.  It wasnt real on

his part from begining to end.

Do I sound cruel and heartless?
LoveNotWar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »

NO, you do not sound cruel and heartless. It sounds like you're being realistic about the nature of a r/s with a pwBPD.

It also sounds like you are moving forward and re-establishing your balance.

It's a journey that's for sure... .  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest