Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 13, 2024, 04:06:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pregnancy and BPD  (Read 563 times)
Lukewd
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« on: December 24, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »

Hello fellow posters   

My partner or ex partner who has BPD has recently moved out. We were dating for 12 months befor we fell pregnant. The were a few very odd things at the start. She drank a lot of alchohol and smoked lots of weed... .i dont do eather but i thought to myself wow she is different but i felt love like never befor. she was amazing and so loving i honestly thought id found the one. We moved in together she and this is were thing went spriling out of control. I have such a calm caring nature and have always tried my best to descalate any time were she started to get angry, go quit, or rage at me for sometimes such miniscual thing. A lot of the time i put it down to pregancey and hormones. It would be things like i was late home from work or i didnt get the right brand of milk, Things along them lines. But it got worse much worse, i would cop the blame for everything and i started to beleve that im doing everything wrong and that i was making all the mistakes and the one for our realtionship starting to fail. I suffered verbal abuse daily and physical abuse on the odd occasion. We went to a family support program and i mentioned that i was being abused, they also touched on the topic of smoking weed whilst pregnant at that stage she walked out. Ive called the ambulance because she wasn't eating anything and had spent days in bed. Once they left she got very angry and moved out. I felt so bad that i called the ambo and thought i mad a wrong call. Ive seen so many councilors and psychologist to help me throught all this. Ive have been so supportive of her but i find that i get put down even if im only doing things to rebuild our relationship. We do thing together but something triggers the BPD and she loses control. I hadn't meet the doola i have asked her many times over the last month or so i made contact to her myself, i also told her that i had done so i then got absolutely blasted for this there is only a few weeks befor bubs is born and she onlonger wants anything to do with me. Ohh i forgot to mention that she only told me about her diagnosis a few weeks ago. This has helped me to understand what has happed and for me to make some changes in my life to better understand that a lot of it was her BPD and not the beautiful, kind hearted smart woman meet. Im completely at a loss not sure what way is up anymore. All i want for for my son to be born into a happy loving enviroment. Hoping anyone can help me ill take on whatever advise you can give me. Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for reading.

Cheers !
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 11:25:14 PM »

Merry Christmas to you as well Lukewd

So she shared that she was diagnosed with BPD?

This is a delicate time and in addition to possible hormones affecting her moods, a baby coming is stressful,  even for a mother without BPD.  My advice here would be to step back a little. I know she's cut you off,  but she's likely to engage again of she needs something.  It would be good to learn the validation tools outlined in lesson 3 at the top of the board. 

Tools for communication, validation, and reinforcement of good behavior

You contacted the dulla, and that set her off.  What's done is done.  She may not feel safe and feel alone.  That isn't true,  but it's true to her.  The validation tools can help open up a safe dialog.

How did she cut you off?  NC whatsoever, or is there space for an opening?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Q-DawgVFR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »

I will just chime in here and say that my wife had been on SSRI's since shortly after our marriage started, and was only diagnosed with BPD 15 years into our marriage.

Anyway... .about pregnancy... .

I could tell right away when she was pregnant, because she would go right off the deep end.  First time it happened, she locked me out of the house with no car keys and wallet, over something trivial.  Went to my brother's and spent the night until she calmed down... .  Turned out she needed her dose upped during pregnancy.

The next two pregnancies were much the same.  She would be OK (back to baseline medicated volatility) once adjusted.

Hope this helps and Good luck!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest