Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 01:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Sad After Getting Good News?  (Read 343 times)
SheAskedForaBreak

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 18, 2014, 01:14:34 AM »

So two days ago I got a call from a large research university here in Indiana and I was floored to be informed I was invited to interview for a new job where I am the #1 candidate.  Just a day later I bottomed out when I realized I wanted to call the exBPDgf and realized I couldn't talk to her.  She may or may not answer, but since I told her not to contact me almost a month ago we haven't spoken, texted, emailed or even sent smoke signals.  Last night talking to a friend I cried, wept really over this.  She was kind enough to listen to me and cared enough it made her cry too, but I felt awful all day today as well.  The I remembered she was a teacher who lost her job four years ago for sleeping with an 18 y/o boy who was a student at her school, she was 38.  Now she has been living with her parents since losing her job and won't move on with her life.  She doesn't understand why she can't get a teaching job, why her family doesn't respect her, and why I was upset with her after finding her repeatedly contacting students and a married colleague with who she had an affair while she was married.   Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)    After reminding myself of all of this I cried a little less and felt like puking a little more.  But why did I feel so bad that I wasn't able to share my good fortune?  Will she come try to recycle when she gets the news of my new job?  I'm not counting on getting it, I guess they may still decide to go in another direction.  It was still weird not talking to her and I can't believe how much it threw me off. 
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:42:35 AM »

Hi SheAskedForaBreak,

Congratulations on your job offer!  That is so exciting!  It's very normal in times of change and stress (even "good" stress) to turn toward the comfort of people whom we were close to before.  It happens all the time, and you handled it well.  Feeling the feelings is so important, and you did that.  Grieving is a complex process, so I hope you won't feel discouraged at those times when you want her back in your life.

The missing, hurting and crying is all part of the healing.  I think the wise part of you reminded you of why you two are not together right now. 

How will your life change if you get the job?  Will you move, make more money, have more responsibility?  Very exciting, SheAsked!  We're rooting for you!   

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
SheAskedForaBreak

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »

It would be more money, it would be more responsibility, and it would have more opportunity after the first year.  I'm very excited, but I wish like hell she'd have given me a little bit more of a chance.  All it took was me not landing a job right after grad school and she bailed.  It just breaks my heart. 
Waifed

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »

You will be much better off in the future without her. Can you imagine going through life wondering 24/7 if your partner was being unfaithful and when you confirmed it she wasn't even remorseful?  You will get over her. One day you will look back and wonder why you put up with her as long as you did.

Congrats on the interview! 
SheAskedForaBreak

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »

Maybe I am better off in the long run, but why won't she offer me any closure?  We aren't ever going to get back together, I'm sure she has someone else she's interested in, why wouldn't she want to let me off the hook?  Allow me to just move on? 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest