Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 12, 2024, 09:30:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I should have known better.  (Read 363 times)
gary123
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single

« on: June 05, 2021, 04:20:53 PM »

I dated my   Borderline ex for 3 years from 2012 to 2015 moved 400 miles to be with her. She asked for a break and was seeing someone else. Had no idea. She strung me along for a few months then said she had met someone else. I moved back home and went no contact. 8 months ago she messaged me on Facebook with a new account. I had blocked her everywhere. It had been 5 years since she cheated and dumped me. My Father died in 2017 and somehow she had found out. Still do not know how. She said how sorry she was. I stupidly responded. I also had stage 4 bowel cancer and cancer retinopathy. So I am slowly losing my vision. I told her everything and she was sympathetic. We talked for a few weeks then out of the blue blocked me. Never heard from her since. Thankfully I have got the all clear and I am back bodybuilding and my eyes have been stable. If she ever tries to contact me again. I will never respond.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 01:35:52 PM »

Hi Gary

welcome to the support group.

I relate a little to the experience. Id. Went no contact for 9 months, we met by chance and got back in contact. It started off happy go lucky and pleasant, something triggered in me mid way through a conversation and i didn't reply. It was the feeling that her words were insincere so it put my guard up.

I left things for about 10 days and in that time she didnt reach out. It felt a bit like a phone call from slick talking salesperson, maybe doing well with rapport and then somewhere something goes out of sync and alarm bell in the head rings. It felt like that. In the end i blocked her.

We are here for you. It can sound straightforward actions typing here but i recall that time as highly emotional. I got better eventually, by this i mean I had to find my own closure to a relationship that was always like a cliff hanger ending. Does that make any sense? Also, how does it feel to have not blocked her this time around i was curious as you blocked her before. Good to hear you got the all clear, must have been nerve wrecking time. You've been through a lot. Hope things get easier on you moving forwards.
HopelessBroken

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 07:34:19 PM »

Welcome Gary!

We completely get it here.  You are probably thinking, why did you even contact me in the first place? How were you feeling about reconnecting with her before she disappeared again? Do you feel like you were in a good place/past the feelings of the relationship?

I’m not hopeless or broken anymore, instead I’m pretty hopeful and pieced back together with some really strong glue.
gary123
Fewer than 3 Posts

Relationship status: single

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 10:47:15 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I still used to think of her from time to time. Even tho it had been  5 years. As strange as it seems I was at first glad to hear from her. She told me she felt guilty and wanted my forgiveness. I told her she was forgiven. I realized  that she was only concerned about her feelings. She did say sorry about my Cancer but then was going on about her problems  with the  guy she was seeing. Told her none of my business. Thats when she blocked me. I was angry and upset. So  I will never respond if she messages me again.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest