Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 21, 2024, 06:12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: saying goodbye to the BPDfamily for now  (Read 360 times)
rzr14

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 02, 2016, 11:40:47 AM »

I have been nc with my ex for over a month now, and I have come to the conclusion with the help of my t and this site that it is time to let go of her and the group here. I am very thankful to find this site to help me better understand my past r/s. And everyone's input and their stories, has it help me more then I can put into words. I wish I new more about pd years ago and this site. Would have saved me from all that I have gone through over the years. I have learned it wasn't all my ex's fault, that my codependency traits had a big part in it. That I'm starting to work on them so I can have a healthy r/s with people and feel better about myself. I can't say that for my ex she will keep going down the road to destruction to she hits bottom. I hope she does and gets herself help but that's not for me to worry about. With the help of my t I have wrote one letter to myself if she came back into my life of what I would have to say to her. I will write another one later to myself if I never see her again. I still have my ups and downs but I am making head way, I am on a dating site things have been good so far no red flags yet.

This past month I opened a fortune cookie it spoke to me about my situation. It reads ':)o not seek so much to find the answer as much as to understand the question better" I will leave it up to everyone to interpret it in there own way. I feel I will be back to learn some more and to post if something comes up. Thank you all again for your help.
VitaminC

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:44 PM »

I am very thankful to find this site to help me better understand my past r/s. And everyone's input and their stories, has it help me more then I can put into words. I wish I new more about pd years ago and this site.

You are good to acknowledge, rzr14.

I have learned it wasn't all my ex's fault, that my codependency traits had a big part in it. That I'm starting to work on them so I can have a healthy r/s with people and feel better about myself.

Great and useful realisations. Keep it up!

With the help of my t I have wrote one letter to myself if she came back into my life of what I would have to say to her. I will write another one later to myself if I never see her again.

This is a good idea. I might do the same, although I feel pretty much entirely over it. But it's an acknowledgement of how far we've come, a record for ourselves of our process.

This past month I opened a fortune cookie it spoke to me about my situation. It reads ':)o not seek so much to find the answer as much as to understand the question better" I will leave it up to everyone to interpret it in there own way. I feel I will be back to learn some more and to post if something comes up. Thank you all again for your help.

Love it!  Come back anytime, rzr14. Best to you.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest