Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 09:20:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Post  (Read 336 times)
longfuse
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« on: May 28, 2020, 06:30:14 PM »

Hey guys/ gals,

I only recently found out about BPD, and it makes a lot of sense to explain many goings on in my past relationship.

What were your first inclinations that the person in your life had BPD?

Kind regards
Longfuse
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:56:09 PM »

Inappropriate anger over little things. One of the first was when I was over at her and her roommate's apartment for dinner with them and the roommate's sister, husband and two other of their friends. She got up and was angrily washing dishes. I got up to ask what was wrong. "Nothing!" She hissed. I went back to the table. The sister leaned in to ask me, "what's wrong with [ex]." I told her I didn't know. My then gf told me, "you were chewing too loudly!"

Yet that wasn't it. Months later after I moved in things escalated.  I changed upon BPD yet rejected it. I thought, "a relationship shouldn't be this difficult!" It wouldn't be until almost four years later and two babies that I settled on BPD and landed here.

What about you longfuse, can you share your story?

Welcome

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:04:11 PM »

Hey long fuse, Welcome!  Like Turkish, I learned early on that my BPDxW had a "temper," though I erroneously believed it was something she would grow out of.  After years of marriage, I was just swinging in the dark.  I knew something was wrong, but could never put my finger on it.  People repeat a lot of platitudes (e.g., marriage is hard work; no one is perfect; the honeymoon is over; etc.) but those people were never married to a pwBPD!

Finally a therapist loaned me the book, Stop Walking on Eggshells.  At first I thought, no way; then I thought, could be; then I concluded, definitely so!

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Clever_Username

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »

It took me 25 years to put a name to the behaviors. She wouldn't take personal responsibility for...well much of anything. She's has a temper and would get triggered especially under stressful situations but many people do right? Eventually is was the repetitive nature of the arguments to the point of knowing what complaint was coming next based mostly on her agitation state. There were only a few different themes but they usually involved times she felt disregarded or forgotten from up to 20 years ago.

Then not long ago in Mexico she escalated faster than ever before. It was stressful, ugly and loud. Then and there I just started searching the Internet for help/ideas and everything fell into place.

Then like Lucky Jim I read the Eggshells book and I understood.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest