Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 03:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She just hit me with the sledgehammer  (Read 937 times)
Deeno02

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 06:22:14 AM »

Not to make light of your situation, but I almost wish mine did the same thing. It would be so much easier for me in the beginning to leave and not look back. Not saying that I wouldn't be shocked and awed the day it happened like you are, but when somebody disrespects you to this degree, it is kind of tough not to say "You know what, I don't need this crap in my life."

Kind of what happened to me. But I was left to figure out what I did so wrong. Set off abandonment issues and feeling worthless. Oh the pain comes and goes after 9 months, but after the swelling went down from the hammer to the head, I got a gift. A gift of helping my self on issues that have been hidden and now I can focus on so when I do decide to have another r/s, it will be healthy, not toxic.
cj488

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 03:25:14 AM »

I feel for you! BPD is such a terrible emotional disturbance. My exBPDgf love bombed me to the point of madness, and I fell utterly for her, finally. Once captured, then came the distancing, belittling, and finally the demons were released. I asked her to stay nearby for a few nights, so we could have a breather and get some perspective. She freaked and left permanently, leaving her clothes in my house behind. She returned a few weeks later to give me a SLEDGEHAMMER to the nose - to tell me, with a evil grin, that she was in love again, and the new target was everything I wasn't, and they're moving in together, etc. My heart fell so low I thought it might drop out my ass.

I'll never forget the pleasure she experienced in destroying my soul, and that sadistic face. In retrospect, I'm able to differentiate at least 11 different personalities she put on for different occasions. And she's utterly unable to see there's any problem at all. Extremely painful, but happily I escaped! Sadly, I'm starting to see BPD all over the place - they say 6% of the population and climbing... .definition of an epidemic. What can be done?

Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »

I'm going to second Mutt here:

I truly believe the engagement story was just to get at you. Like na na na na na na. She just elevated everything when she didn't get the response she wanted from you.

Be easy on yourself. You handled this with flying colors!

PW

Infared

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 06:12:01 AM »

I do not know how they hide who they truly are so well, but mine did. She got her new guy long before she left our home of 5 years. Then the horrible, sick abuse started.  I know how shocked and hurt you are and this is something completely out of your control. Be aware that she may have had this person in her life before she left. Borderlines rarely go out on their own. Do not believe a word she says. I did not know what was going on as I was being lied to, and I just kept trying to fix it... of course to no avail. All you can do is move away from this, collect yourself, find support and aim at healing from your encounter with a disordered person.

You are making really healthy choices right now, ones you never imagined you would be making.  I identify with your total bewilderment... .but keep doing what you are doing. It's called loving you.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest