Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 08, 2024, 04:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not so good news in court - part one  (Read 662 times)
peaceplease

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married

« on: January 03, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »

Today was my dd's hearing at the district level.  I assumed that it would be first level, and then proceed to county court.  I never prepared any letters to district justice.  My dd's mental health case manager was to send a letter. Initialy, said that she would speak on her behalf.  Then it was she would send a letter.  My dd text her yesterday to find out if sent letter, and what time should she meet her.  Her reply was that she would fax letter.  And, she could not go to court, as she switched days and did not have a sitter.  So, my dd was on her own.  Not even sure how she would get to court.

Meanwhile... .  I have a meeting to admit my brother to a nursing home.  The drs. are just stunned that he is still alive.  They came to the conclusion that he had this cancer for awhile and his body just adapted to it.  He was in hospital for three weeks.  We believed that he would die there, but here we are.  He is still in bad shape.  And, he is just existing.  We have comfort measures for him.  I was designated his POA. 

It was just heartbreaking to have to inform him that he was going to a nursing home.  My sister went to sit with him while I filled out the paperwork at nursing home.

let me backtrack.  Yesterday, my dd harrassed me to look at iphones and put he on my plan.  My dh told her a few weeks ago that we would be renweing our contract.  And, said that she could be added to our plan.  I was not happy about it.  My dh at the time did not think it was a bad idea.  After all, my dd has a job.  Yeah, right!  That was his mood then.  My dd's phone has been dying, and she learned that there were calls that she did not receive.  So, her minutes supposedly ran out at midnight.  I finally caved like I always did when she was younger.  I did not have the strength, anymore.  I was ready for a breakdown.  I got her the phone to shut her up.  she was harrassinng me.

I was so upset that I allowed her to get it.  I was texting her at 1:30 in the morning. Told her that I did not appreciate her pestering me when I was going though a rough time. It was  my fault for caving.  I was just at my wit's end between my brother, and my mother.    Then I hear my mother crying in her room. I am up for a few hours, then have to  get up for work.

to be cnt'd... .  
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Thursday

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: married for one month (!)

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »

peaceplease,

Just wanted you to know that I read part one, will check back in for part two.

I'm so sorry things are so hard for you right now... .  

wishing you some peace.

Please!

thursday

PS... .  lf I could eliminate a single thing from my SDs BPD disfunction it would be her sense of entitlement about cell phones.
lovesjazz

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

I am so sorry you have so much heartache with all that is going on in your family. It seems our BPDs can't stand US focusing on anyone else and start harassing US at the worst times. Don't be so hard on yourself... .  I marvel at how you are handling everything.  You are awesome!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest