Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 13, 2024, 09:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok now some prespective  (Read 350 times)
peiper

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 21, 2014, 05:27:43 PM »

I was talking to my therapist today and he said you can bet after or  before the divorce is over you can count on her trying to come back. Thought about that and got really ticked because I know from past patterns she will. After all she has pulled, trying to come back?  Just venting.
AG

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »

I was talking to my therapist today and he said you can bet after or  before the divorce is over you can count on her trying to come back. Thought about that and got really ticked because I know from past patterns she will. After all she has pulled, trying to come back?  Just venting.

You have the same thoughts I have. I know it will happen for me as well just don't know when and it agitates my nerves knowing I will have to deal with that ish sooner or later. I say it all the time but I dont think I can say it enough. I still cannot believe these type of people exist.
peiper

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »

Im with you on that. The only thing Im trying to figure out is which is worse, the hurt from what she did or the hurt that I let her do it.
peiper

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »

So confuslingly crazy, I miss her,  love her but I do not like her one bit. At the same time I wait for her call.
LettingGo14

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »

So confuslingly crazy, I miss her,  love her but I do not like her one bit. At the same time I wait for her call.

Hello peiper -- it is paradoxical, isn't it?  I feel like my relationship is my own personal zen koan, whose answer is somewhere in me -- meaning that I can sit with the paradox and determine how I am going to relate to it.   I think, rather than waiting for the proverbial "other shoe to drop" we can choose to work with the stages of detachment -------------------->

Some days, in my mind, my ex-girlfriend looms larger than other days.  But, in retrospect, in the four months since I joined this community, I have re-framed and re-examined and re-claimed the power I once gave to her.   
Red Sky

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 09:45:14 PM »

I have actually heard of (nonBPD) couples who, after getting divorced, find that they want each other again, which is apparently due to the fact that they have worked out their problems and split up their issues so that they can't blame the other person. With my exbf, every time we broke up it released the building tension between us and once the tension was gone we could start anew. (Ugh)

But given that I doubt you want to try again, I would think about what you will do or say if she tries to reconcile. Try and second-guess the feelings you will have, the things she could say, and maintain, in your head, a narrative of why you are not going to reconcile. For example, remember that 'I am happier without her', and remember that you only feel calm and happy because you haven't had the chance to fight with her in a while. Or whatever like that applies to you.

It's befuddling, peiper. Hope you're doing okay. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest