Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 07:34:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info re: Facebook profile views  (Read 362 times)
shatra

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 25, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »

Hi--

There have been some recent posts re: ex looking at non's facebook profiles. I have some new information I learned from the internet (not sure how true it is):

---If the ex (or anyone else who has your phone number in their cell phone contact list) shows up on your list of "Suggested Friends---People You May Know) there are 2 possible explanations:

1) The ex has been looking at your profile

OR

2) The ex still has your name and phone number in their cell phone contact list AND the ex is using the facebook phone app (which allows facebook to have access to the user's cell phone contact list)... .then facebook goes through the user's contact list, sees whether the contacts have facebook accounts, and then sends each one a "suggested friend".

So in my case, even though my phone number my ex has on his cell contact list is a different phone number than the one I use for facebook, I think it's possible that since my ex uses the facebook phone app, facebook looked up "Shatra Davis"  on his phone, looked and saw that there is a Shatra Davis on facebook, connected the dots, and is putting my ex's name as a "Suggested Friend" on my facebook... .or it could be that my ex is looking at my facebook profile and that's why his name shows up.

Anyone have any info or experience on this?

Shatra
rotiroti
formerly neveragainthanks

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:04:43 AM »

That's really interesting... .I don't have much experience as I'm not on FB these days, but I want to ask you:

1. How did you find out?

2. Why are you searching for the answers to this?

Do you have many mutual friends? I used to see many faces on the list whom were mutual friends with my ex and some who would genuinely have no interest in looking at my profile.
shatra

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:10:41 AM »

I found out by looking at facebook question boards---the info was written by people who have facebook accounts---not sure if it's accurate. 

I know that people who show up on your suggested friends list include:

--People who look at your profile

---mutual friends of your own facebook friends (as you wrote)

---According to what some people wrote, it can also iinclude facebook users who have your name in their cellphone and use the facebook phone app---this allows facebook to go thru the contacts, see if those people are on facebook (if the name matches a facebook account?) and tries to connect them?

I am not sure about that last one, so I was wondering if anyone knows about this. I never heard of that before.

The reason I am asking about this is that there have been a few posts recently on this topic and thought someone may find this useful or may have more info on it
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest