Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 11:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What for?  (Read 351 times)
UnforgivenII

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 10, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »

Can someone explain me WHY my ex sent me his flying monkey to ask how I was on my birthday?
After he discarded me again in the most horrific way?
Did he want to know I was shattered? ( I blocked him everywhere and unfriended all' the common acquaintances)

Did he fine pleasure in knowing my pain?
What for?

I did not answered. I never will. I am absolutely sure he sent her.

Why?
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »

Can someone explain me WHY my ex sent me his flying monkey to ask how I was on my birthday?

without knowing either of them or their motives, probably not.

I am absolutely sure he sent her.

what makes you so sure?

Why?

concern? self interest? curiosity? we can only speculate. you intend not to respond, so what does it mean to you?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Icanteven

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 12:10:40 PM »

Why?

What would change if you knew the answer?  I've asked my wife why she's done things since she left, and without an ounce of snark or guile or hostility in her voice she's replied "I don't f*&!ing know ICE I'm crazy."

My T would probably prefer the term "emotionally labile/dysregulated," but the gist of my wife's statement is true. 

Maybe he wants to hurt you.  Does that make it easier to see him as he is and let go?
Maybe he's just emotionally immature and doesn't realize what he's doing hurts you.  Does that let him off the hook or give you hope he can change (I have bad news on that front)?
Maybe he doesn't know why he does what he does because he's emotionally dysregulated.  Then what?

I know you want to know.  ALL of us want closure and to understand what the hell just happened.  At some point, though, I promise you won't care any more because in the end whether he means to or doesn't or is somewhere in between doesn't matter:  all that matters is how it makes you feel and whether or not you can become well enough that he can't hurt you any more.  It hurts so much I am so sorry but it will get better and you will only delay your recovery - THE most important part - by analyzing why HE does what he does.
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »

So a flying monkey is a monkey with wings under the control of the Wicked Witch of the West, sent to capture Dorothy and the Lion, and dismember the Scarecrow and the Tin Man.  Lots of loaded imagery there, but what are we really talking about?  Who came over Unforgiven, specifically?

Excerpt
Why?

I don't know, there could be a few reasons.  Most importantly though Unforgiven, what can you make this mean and how are you using this moving forward and detaching?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest