Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 13, 2024, 05:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Face twitching?  (Read 563 times)
Chattgirl

« on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »

I am not sure this is related but my bp has face twitches when he is under stress. He will twitch or flinch his face when I try to talk to him and he is upset. I saw him do it about four times in a discussion today that was not real heated but maybe emotionally intense for him. I explained how I was hurt so bad he would only see me three times during the last three months while he was DONE with me again. He replied that he thought it was only two weeks. WOW!  He seemed to flinch when he realized it was that long and twitched several times after. I finally ask him why he was twitching. He said, " don't you have thoughts about things people have said to you or things you have said to someone go through your head and cause you to twitch"?  I said no. Then he said that it even happens sometimes when we're making love. I just think the twitching is not normal but I don't really know.  Does anyone know if this is related to bp? He is untreated and on no meds. It is a definite involuntary twitch. He can't seem to control it and it seems to happen when he thinks something.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

CodependentHusband

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:09 PM »

I don't think this is a BPD thing, actually. The thing about BPD is that it magnifies any underlying emotions. So, if he has this quirk where he twitches, it is more than likely just something he does when he is under stress. Since he has BPD, you probably see it more often than you would in someone who doesn't get upset so easily.

My wife pushes her lips really hard from one side to the other when she is feeling stressed out. Another thing she does is make a clicking sound with her mouth, and, finally, there is the fast finger tapping... .  If I see or hear any of that from my wife, I make myself scarce if at all possible. Who knows how many episodes aimed at me I have avoided due to this observation? I shared my observation with her once... .  I thought for a minute to myself, "now, why would I tell her this? She might stop doing it, and I find it kind of handy to know!"  Smiling (click to insert in post)   I think that even if she tried, she wouldn't be able to stop herself. Habits like that aren't done on a conscious level. So, I know how to better understand her as a result. It's funny how these things can actually be empowering. BPD trait or not, get to know your SO and what they need. It can only help you and your r/s!

crazymade

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »

the tell-tales! thank god for them. my husbands eyes start looking feral and his mouth will start twitching on the right side when his about to rage or when he is getting mad. i'll never tell him about it because he may try to control it. knowing this little fact about him has saved me many times over! when he starts acting this way, his eyes get crazy looking and his mouth twitches on the right when he talks, i know what is coming.
CodependentHusband

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »

And when their mouths start foaming, WATCH OUT!  Smiling (click to insert in post) Just kidding.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest