Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 01:27:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: narcissistic and borderline boyfriend  (Read 361 times)
sadlady19
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: February 07, 2017, 03:27:30 AM »

Hello I am in a relationship going on our 5th year I feel confused heartbroken and sad, he lies all the time twist things to what he feels is right he does not understand that it is wrong, he cares more about his needs than anyone else. he is in therapy and his therapist does not agree with the test that were taken showing he has BPD but does see the Narcissistic in him, when I spoke the therapist and told all the nasty things that he has said and done to me the therapist only knew half of it told me I should leave him,it is very hard because I love him and I am trying to help him be he feels that lying cheating stealing whatever it takes for his own self is ok he has told me he is more important than the relationship the relationship is last on his list of what matters to him. He lies to me it hurts me and he will try and twisted it as he did not lie I am the problem I am crazy that he did nothing wrong and I can go F myself he finds it easier to lie than tell the truth. He has said he will always do what is best for himself no matter what. I feel like I am just a chest piece in his life, he does not like sex and does like to touch me and does not know ow to show love I am very loving and care too much, I go out of my way to try and make him happy but  fell he is only happy when he hurts me and lies to me and he get angry when you tell him he has done wrong. I am feeling empty and alone I told him this he said welcome to my world. He acts like he does not understand the lie he told was not a lie he plays games he go through massive depression makes fun of me mocking me behind my back my friends has seen him do this when my back is turned I have asked him why he hates me so much he just says he does not hate me but it feels like it. I feel actions speak louder than words. He says he wants to get better but he even lies to the therapist. Help I am at the end of my rope.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:36:36 PM »

Hi salady19,

Welcome

I'd like to welcome you to  bpdfamily. I'm sorry that you're going through this, I can see how his actions hurt you.

Excerpt
I am feeling empty and alone

You're not alone. It helps to talk to people that are going through similar things. This is a safe platform where you can share your feelings and thoughts without being invalidated or judged.

A r/s is personal, it's easy to watch someone else's r/s from the outside and tell them what to do, it's not that easy when you're a r/s.

Are you having a lot of disagreements with your bf? Is there a lot of conflict?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest