Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 02:54:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i dont understand where i am now  (Read 603 times)
docdoc

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Estranged

« on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:28 AM »

I knew a woman from 4 month , first month was nice. she was like the exact me in everything i like and ideas .. she had some weird way of talking like , like dictating me who she is and how she likes to be talked to , but i was ok , she was beautful , goes out with me everywhere , etc ..

after the first month , she still does all the things we do before but with a loss of glow in her eyes , its like as if she goes out and does everything with me as before , but she is empty inside . then anger bursts started to happen which would resolve the same day or the next day as if it never happened.

the last month it came to my attention that there was a friend that keeps on texting her , i asked her about it and she says it was an old friend and nothing more ..
we went to a trip to europe and we had one of this anger bursts which was resolved the same day , then when we came back , it is as if she lost all energy towards me , she tells me lets be friends and lets stop all what we are doing that brings emotions. , i went home to her's one day and i could see that guy from the curtains and they were hugging.

we stopped talking a day after simultaneously and she logged out of all our common streaming apps and google tv , etc

!
What happened.. !
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:21:47 AM »

Hi docdoc, welcome to the group.

Sounds like you've been through a lot in your 4 month relationship -- it started out "so good" and ended so poorly, so quickly.

It makes so much sense, given the whirlwind pace of your relationship, that you'd be asking

Excerpt
What happened.. !

Have you seen our article on "Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has Borderline Personality" yet? You can check it out here:

Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has Borderline Personality

The other resource I thought of when I read your post was our workshop on the phases of a relationship, especially a relationship where one partner may have BPD. It's called "The Difference Between A "Honeymoon Phase" and "Idealization"?" and you can check it out here:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=285168.0

Let us know what you think about those resources in view of your question -- what is happening??

and keep us posted on how you're doing.

-kells76
docdoc

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 10:36:31 AM »

Is it really over. Was i devalued that fast?  Is she coming back ! I really miss her.
docdoc

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »

I am trying to move on , it is better i think but every night i get into a loop of thinking about what happened and why it happened. ? sometimes i cant sleep
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 10:12:23 AM »

docdoc, what you describe makes a lot of sense based on what you have been through and the relationship ending:

the "loop of thinking" (rumination), the lack of sleep, the way sometimes during the day things seem ok, but then at night the questions begin again.

Missing her, hoping she's coming back, trying to move on, circling back... this is normal stuff to be going through right now. That doesn't make it easier or less painful, though.

I'm curious if you've checked out our workshop on the pain of a broken heart:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=136432.0

and I'd be interested to hear if any of the experiences members post about there seem relatable to you. Just hoping you know you're not alone in these feelings.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest