Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: making some progress... two steps forward  (Read 334 times)
corraline

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 18, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

I am making some progress in some ways, but other things come up that i have to sort out. That's just part of the deal here.

I see myself sometimes in the other male posters stories of their exBPD's and I cringe.  My behavior was a little like that sometimes. oh yikes!

I was insecure, paranoid, clingy ,wanting validation that he loved me.  I didn't feel safe.  How much of that was what I came with (my stuff ) or how much of it was his stuff that i was trying to deal with?

I guess its both but now that his stuff is no longer coming at me cause we are no longer together, i am faced with only my stuff really. It's all good some days, and all bad others.

This might sound weird but i was thinking... . sometimes i wished that the issues we had were all about me... then it meant that he wasn't so bad. I could just keep working harder on myself, give him all of the love he needed while i was at it and voila, everything would be better. I don't quite get what that was really . denial ?

But the good thing lately is... .

I am finally at the point that I don't want him back, i am not interested in a recycle.  My fantasy of him coming around, the two of us going to some amazing therapist together and sorting it out is not there anymore.

I am starting to believe that I will be okay now.

Maybe one day i will have another relationship but thats not until i have the right relationship with myself.  I am not sure how I will know that.

Here I am... . it doesn't feel as yucky, as lonely or scary as it did.

I am feeling some peace and I go to sleep at night feeling safer than I ever have.  I still hold my hand on my heart when i go to bed and drift off to sleep, it comforts me.
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »

Hi corraline-

Good post!  I hear progress and some peace.

not until i have the right relationship with myself.  I am not sure how I will know that.

Have you ever been content with yourself at a point in your life?  I have several times, and discontented several times too.  A friend of mine says we either party or we ponder, meaning when we're content we just enjoy our lives and don't think about it, and when we're not in such a good place we dig and look for answers.  My ex was both an amazing party and then a really heavy ponder, which sparked another phase of introspection and personal growth, but she has been only one thing in my life that has sent me there, and I seem to come out the other side wiser and stronger.  I say we know when we're OK with ourselves when we are.  Can you relate?
corraline

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »

Yes, heeltoheal

I have felt contentment... . sometimes i don't trust it either.  Sad but true.  It's something that operates in me.  I have been looking at that for a long time.  I believe its something that I made a decision about at a very young age.  I can actually remember when I decided this.  I am afraid that good things (even contentment) will be taken away from me. So I have this protective mechanism that i pull in to sabotage it., fear comes up and that fear alone sabotages it. This is at my core. It's big for me and i can't quite figure out how to change it, other than it is not functioning quite as strongly as it used to. I could be fooling myself ... . aha , there i go again.  now, i'm pondering

My t and i are working on this issue.

Hey, thanks for your reply 
corraline

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »

Also, i recognize that there was something that I got out of the pain in my relationship with my ex.  Something about the pain I needed. Looking at that too.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest