Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small child becoming involved in my wife’s rages  (Read 492 times)
thankful person

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

Formerly known as broken person…

« on: June 23, 2021, 06:22:01 AM »

I have been saying on here that my lesbian wife screeches at me to put our toddler down when she wants cuddles.
Today I tried just holding her and saying no. She roughly snatched the child from me and physically threw me out the door.
Please help. I want to stand up for myself and our children but I don’t know what to do.

“Maybe I’ll get it right next time…” from “Estranged” by Guns N’ Roses
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

GaGrl
Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 10:36:24 AM »

So to be clear, your wife put her hands on you to eject you from your shared home?

Had this happened before? How often?

How often is your toddler being "snatched" ?

Do you recognize and accept that this is domestic violence?

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
thankful person

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 06:29:25 PM »

Hi yes I know it is a form of domestic violence and I feel deeply ashamed for some reason.
She didn’t throw me out of the house, just the front room, but I chose to stay away for some time afterwards.
She has snatched the child from me maybe 5-10 times in her life, but this was the first time since she’s old enough to start learning she gets punished for cuddling Mama in front of Mummy.

GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 07:38:49 PM »

Have you spoken yet with a domestic violence counselor? You probably need some legal advice on what your options are to help both you and your wife through this crisis period.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
khibomsis

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »

Hey BP, sorry to hear that your first attempt at setting boundaries met with such a conflictual response. I have nothing to add to GaGrls advice except to say it is not your fault. There is no need to feel ashamed.
 Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

thankful person

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 04:24:01 PM »

Thanks for your support both of you. My wife did say later on that day that she would do the same thing again. I am not ready to involve social services... But. I am going to make it clear to my wife that I won’t stand for it. If she tells me to put the child down again I will say “No. And if you lay a finger on either of us then I will be telling someone. You are not well and you need help.” I will tell her health visitor who is supposed to be taking care of her though she doesn’t seem to realise there is a problem, despite doing depression and anxiety screenings.. I don’t think she seems aware of the BPD diagnosis even though it is on my wife’s medical records.

Ventak

To find out what I want, I look at what I do.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 09:09:00 PM »

Please reach out to a DV hotline, or other support service.

Unfortunately, I've learned way too much about spousal abuse the past few months.  Some things you need to know:

• Once violence starts, it almost always escalates.  This happened to me.
  • People with BPD are masters at projections.  This means that the abuse will eventually be seen as you abusing her.  This happened to me.
  • Partners of pwPBD are often arrested for the abuse that their partner has placed on them.  This was close to happening to me, but my therapist told me to start calling 911 every time my BPDw became physical.  Doing this has kept me out of jail, but did lead to the arrest of my wife.
  • While I hope and pray that you will not share this experience, there are literally hundreds of posts on this website from those that have gone through similar experiences, but ended up on the other side of the legal process

One thing to consider, it is often recommended that you go to the local police department and let them know that you are in a "high conflict" relationship, with a spouse who gets physical.  This will create a record of events that can help if she goes after you later.

I've often seen advice that steers you away from telling your pwBPD that they are "sick" and "need help".  This is never received as intended, and will almost always escalate dramatically.

My twins (2.5 yo) and I send our well wishes and prayers to you and your babies.
thankful person

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 02:22:05 AM »

Ventak, thank you for your advice and support. I will take things further of they get worse. For seven years my wife has been violent towards me, but this has only been occasional the last few years. I did have the conversation with her, taking an opportunity when she was mad about something else. I didn’t say, you’re sick. I said, I’m worried about you. She said she will tell the health visitor if it happens again. I will encourage the older child to go to her more (if she isn’t screeching at us), apparently that will help. Today, my challenge is to not start arguments, as apparently they are always my fault and I love starting arguments. I will try not to speak today.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 01:00:43 AM »

i get where youre coming from on this completely.

is your child a frequent point of tension?

if so, have the two of you talked about it before, and what was said?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest