Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 09:09:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D-day + 2 years  (Read 345 times)
Tobiasfunke

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 20, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »

Sunday march 26 will be 2 years my ex declared she didn't love me anymore and I was unceremoniously discarded. That evening and following day were as painful and debilitating I could possibly imagine. The physical pain I felt was agonizing. The wounds still feel fresh at times.
  I want to tell you that I have fully processed it and I've study all the lessons and learned from them and life moved on and it's happily ever after. But I can't yet.
 Logically I understand she is probably uBPD or by now maybe she has been. I don't know. We don't speak. I do know that I'm a codependent enabler with very low self esteem that worked very hard for a very long time to keep my family going. I walked on eggshells for months on end.
I'd like to tell you that I'm 100% over the anger stage and it doesn't bother me when she can't follow the schedule for custody. But I can't, however I'm much better than a year ago.
 I'd like to tell you that I hardly think about this website anymore but I check it daily.
 I'd like to tell you I understand it was not a sustainable relationship that would have ended under even worse circumstances had we not broke up. But I cant.
I'd like to tell you I don't miss her every morning when I wake up when  she's not there or every night when I go to bed. I wish I didn't feel this way.
 I feel like I'm missing out on some truly great times with my kids wondering why she felt there was some other place she would enjoy more besides being with us.
I can anticipate the response I will get from the more senior better adjusted members on this site. You are all correct. If I thought it would work I would literally do anything to not feel this way.
I want to get to a point where I'm indifferent to her presence or existence or grateful for the relationship we had. But I regret the decisions I made and the sacrifices I made in the relationship that put me in the situation I'm in now. Where I live. Not seeing my children when I get out of work every night. Not having that loving partnership I thought I had with my ex. watching them play sports or talking about their schooling or their future.  I feel like all those things were taken from me. I had a fairly 5hity discard. But I can honestly say the 2years since have felt like a prison sentence at times and out and out torture at it's worse.
 I feel I had to get this out to people who can somewhat understand here.
I guess had she not discarded me I'd be one of the folks on here in their 50's who finally had enough And had to leave after the kids moved out. I blame myself for putting up with unacceptable behavior during our 19 year r/s and I blame myself for not bouncing back in a more acceptable time period. I know she's not pining over me. I just feel like what I loss in regards to my family life and a person in-spite of her flaws short comings illness whatever you want to call it was my best friend spouse closest confidant. Those things don't have a shelf life on them. So to one day have them taken away following a period in our marriage that  I thought was genuine happiness and peaceful time was life shattering, however all too familiar a story on these boards.
 I cannot express enough  to anyone reading this how fortunate A person I am. I am luckier than probably anyone that has ever had the joy of googling their relationship specifics and having bpdfamily.com pop up. These are just the selfish ramblings of someone who wants his life or the life he thought he had back.
 I hope next year this week goes bye and I don't notice it. But it's not going to be this year.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »

Hi Tobiasfunke,

I can really understand where you are coming from. Progress can feel painfully slow and difficult. Regret and shame can hijack our self-confidence and joy in living. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. Sometimes I feel I've come far, only to experience a setback for something I thought was long resolved. Ugh. It's humbling, to say the least.

There is hope, however. In my experience, growth can also happen at unexpected moments—big leaps, even. So, what might feel hopeless at the moment can be resolved and let go of in the next. After all, change only happens now.

You are not where you want to be yet, but you are growing, and that's what it's all about. Keep sharing your feelings. We are listening. 

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest