Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 10:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Partners Discarded me over the last 4 days- 10 days ago we tried for a baby  (Read 709 times)
Peter Rawlinson
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up in the last day

« on: February 01, 2020, 06:43:36 AM »

Please Help. 10 days ago we were trying for a baby. Tuesday she goes for a counselling session and ignores me for a few hours and when I spoke to her she said she needed to spend time on her degree and children ( from a previous relationship )
I instantly saw the tell tale signs and asked her where that left us. She said I wasn’t welcome to come round the house anymore. We no longer lived together. In the previous November  I kissed her in the morning and went off to work. When I returned that evening she had literally cleared the bungalow and gone. No note, I had no bed, no curtains, no anything so had to stay at a friends. She ignored my messages for 2 weeks, then sent me a very angry barrage of messages and we slowly repaired the relationship.
Back to now, she says I can’t see her children, I lived with her for 6 months, we can’t go on holiday. Today I woke up to a message saying “” I do not want a relationship.. I’m single!
Your v single Peter..I wish you well in finding yourself another lady.
I’m obviously heartbroken, go from wanting to get her help. She said she’s been tested for B PD apparently in the past and hasn’t got it. I’m all over the place mentally and would like advice on how to play things with a view to eventually getting back together. Sorry for the long post xx
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Harri
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »

Hi and welcome.  It is good that you are reaching out for support as this is so difficult and there is no reason to go through this alone.  We understand here.  Your situation, as painful as it is, is not an uncommon one.  We have had people go through similar and come out the other end doing even better regardless of the relationship outcome so you are in the right place.

Generally what we recommend when a partner with BPD leaves like this is to work on you.  Building yourself, strengthening yourself and focusing on your own growth is really the best option.  You don't want to chase her as that usually results in the pwBPD (person with BPD) pulling back even more.  It is hard not to reach out and try to talk or to understand why she is doing what she is doing but at this point the best thing is to give her room.

What are the options you are thinking of?  Can you think of any ares you want to work on in terms of strengthening yourself or improving your communication skills or anything else?

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Wowee Zowee

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »

There's not a lot you can do for now. I would suggest to take your mind off of it and spend time with your family and friends. Is there something you enjoy doing that doesn't involve her? Then plan on doing that for this weekend.

It's hard and confusing but giving her space is the best way for now.

I am sorry this is happening to you. It's confusing and very hurtful when somebody leaves like that but you also need to take care and love yourself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest