Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 12:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amusing little split black  (Read 420 times)
Mono No Aware

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 28, 2014, 01:47:34 PM »

Well I'm down for the BPD ride. I can hang. Last weekend she was going to bash my skull in with a lamp, right? PMS dysregulation often goes haywire. I made it thought that just fine.

But last night... . she took it to a whole new level.

In the middle of the night she woke me up to tell me that I smell.

"Like what?" I mumbled, coming out of sleep.

"Like butt," she said scathingly.

I knew better than to answer. Anything but silence would be JADE. I fell asleep to her rambling on about her plan to get a full-time job and move out, which being a plan with some semblance of logic tells me this is a mere little squall of a dysregulation and would pass. The major storms (like the lamp episode) have less than zero logic. She did mention that she was sure she could find a guy who didn't smell.

And in the morning, after she had munched some cereal and the baby's huge smiles, giggles, and squeals had softened her up, I told her that I was going to buy a new pillow after work as my old one smells bad.

And she kissed me before I left for work.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »

Hey MonoNA, I can totally identify with what you're saying... . Although I usually only get the complaints and belligerance from my pwBPD when she is drunk, which is often.

Thanks for the reminder to let the storm pass, I needed to hear that. 

bruceli

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »

Well I'm down for the BPD ride. I can hang. Last weekend she was going to bash my skull in with a lamp, right? PMS dysregulation often goes haywire. I made it thought that just fine.

But last night... . she took it to a whole new level.

In the middle of the night she woke me up to tell me that I smell.

I knew better than to answer. Anything but silence would be JADE. I fell asleep to her rambling on about her plan to get a full-time job and move out, which being a plan with some semblance of logic tells me this is a mere little squall of a dysregulation and would pass. The major storms (like the lamp episode) have less than zero logic. She did mention that she was sure she could find a guy who didn't smell.

And in the morning, after she had munched some cereal and the baby's huge smiles, giggles, and squeals had softened her up, I told her that I was going to buy a new pillow after work as my old one smells bad.

And she kissed me before I left for work.

WOW... . Dejavu... . last weekend my pwPD was on hers too and what a ride that was.  She is on a 3 month cycle and boy was it an interesting week. Wosrt one to date for me.  She's back on her pills since Monday and it's like the week before didn't even happen.  I have seen some research correlating PD's and hormones... . I would be lead to believe it.
malibu4x

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 12yrs

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:10 AM »

Mono, thanks for sharing this.  This is the first thing that I have had an honest chuckle about in days.  I can SO relate!

Classic!

Play the ball from where the monkey dropped it  <link>
malibu4x

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 12yrs

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:58:11 AM »

What is JADE, by the way?

Play the ball from where the monkey dropped it  <link>
an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »

Do not

Justify

Argue

Defend

Explain

it is quite hard to do. Just look at me - I did again the explain thing  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Mono No Aware

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »

Do not

Justify

Argue

Defend

Explain

it is quite hard to do. Just look at me - I did again the explain thing  Being cool (click to insert in post)

It is my greatest challenge.

The only way i have been able to pull it off - and I only pull it off sometimes - is to actually run a little bit of self-introspection and quit thinking about the crazy ___ she just said.

Instead I examine a number of my own actions - things I do, that despite my supposed firm adherence to the realm of logic and reality, are really not very logical. Things like speeding in my car for fun, tinkering in the garage, spending $9 of grocery budget on boutique beer, etc... . things I do purely for emotional reasons. This reminds me that humans are very emotional creatures, and all our decisions are actually snap instinctual responses while our so-called logic of "weighing our options" is merely our clever brains building biased cases to support the already made decision.

Then I can accept that she is suffering from a great emotional unbalance that drives her to such damaging extremes of ill-logic. It's a step towards full Radical Acceptance.
Wrongturn1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »

I had to LOL at this one - thanks for brightening my morning.  Only in BPD-land would a person hear something like that!

Sounds like you handled well, though, as it would be easy to get offended by a remark like that.  Nicely done! 

Oh, and I can relate to what you said about the $9 boutique beers... . I enjoy those as well (imperial IPA's lately), although when I buy them, uBPDw often gets into them before I get home from work, so I typically expect to only drink 2 out of any given 6-pack that I buy.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest