Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 09:31:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gratitude for this forum  (Read 388 times)
wdone

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living with my partner

« on: January 08, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »

I am so grateful for this place...

No one in my life gets what I am talking about, or going through. I mean, my T gets it and some other professionals at the DV agency kind of get it, but no one first hand. 

Especially in our situations, It is so important that we share what we are going through and relate to one another and I was just reading some posts of people sharing about their BPD partner raging and throwing things and breaking things, and I felt an overwhelming thankfulness and appreciation for all of you. 

This stuff is not talked about, or if it is, people don't get it or even judge us.  A friend of mine texted this morning to see how I was doing, and I was honest about what was happening--I felt very misunderstood and judged, maybe even shamed... . yet I am always able to log on and come here and be heard, and relate.

You guys are so strong and courageous here, to express what you are going through and to be going through it.

It's a good reminder for me that I am strong and willing to learn and grow, that I am compassionate, that I am coming from a place of love and connection with my partner... . and to not believe his paranoid lies half the time, that I am bad or wrong. 

So grateful for whoever had the idea to start this board... . and for everyone who contributes, from people on here for years, to the person who just joined... .

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

elemental
aka "zencat"

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »

zaqsert

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, starting divorce process

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:50 PM »

And ditto!
Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:43 AM »

So glad it's been helpful for you, wdone! 

I have said many times that had it not been for this site, and the people on it and running it, that I would never have come as far as I have - having a place to go where people really understand your situation is priceless.

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
karma_gal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »

I am just now seeing this and glad I caught it before I made a duplicate post b

I haven't been here long but was just sitting here thinking how thankful I am for this forum and all the awesome people here. Everyone is so smart, shows vulnerability like no other forum I have been on which has been so helpful knowing I am not alone, and I have heard the kindest words in my life since I arrived here in some PMs. I love how everyone is willing to tell us all what we need to hear but they do it gently, and there is no judgment here. This forum has been a Godsend to me and I am so very thankful to all of you for allowing me to be part of the community and for helping me regain my sanity.
Seneca

Relationship status: married

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) totally agree. you keep me honest and sticking to my boundaries when he is being good, and are my refuge when he is being bad. nowhere else i can go where people really get this disorder, and it's carnage. keep being awesome bpdfamily! 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest