Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 03:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleansing my life  (Read 354 times)
OmegaCard

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 12, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »

Hi, i recently had a thread in the decision forum and as you can tell i decided to leave. Here is a link to the thread: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=193786.new#new

My wife has BPD, and i am leaving the toxic relationship. I moved to her country and recently escaped back to my home country pretending i was just going to visit relatives.

My challenge now is how to end the marriage. I had to escape because of the violence and fear for my life.

I am not a confeontational person and necer ended a relationship before, even though i am safe and away from her i am still afraid.

The marriage was islamic and took place in north africa, i moved there from the uk, i could never get a job there therefore was dependant on her, she didnt work so we were dependant on her family, they gave us everything, bought me things which i didnt ask for.

I only returned with my own possessed i had brought there in the first place.

I need advice on how to finish this now because i feel i cant move on and i am stuck, havent spoken to my wife in a few days.

seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

Hi OmegaCard,

I have no idea on this - but there is a legal board and I think you will get better advice by posting this request over there.

Peace,

SB

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
gina louise

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: married a few years

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:26:12 PM »

your local masjid or mosque may have some more information on ending an islamic marriage. did you also have a civil ceremony?

I am muslim and have seen marriages done both ways-mosque only (skipping the civil part) and civil process+religious as well. Not saying it's "right" just that people do this.

if not, an attorney versed in family law of your own home country would also be a starting point.

GL
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest