Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 01:12:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question? Why does my exBPD feel the need to tell me about having sex  (Read 361 times)
Hiloguy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »

I have been nc/lc most of this last year with my exBPDgf. She and I have been friends for over 13 years and we dated for 2, as friends she and I didn't really talk about having sex with people much less one night stands. So my question is why now, I haven't talk to her for awhile and she will go though great lengths  to get in touch with me (having her sister call me, creating new email accounts that I haven't been blocked... .  etc... ) so I reluctantly gave in this last time and took the phone block off and talked to her. Somewhere in the conversation she tells me that she had sex with some stranger from a bar last week. It doesn't really bother me because I already think she's kind of skanky and there is no way that I would ever consider dating her again, but why tell me this especially when she knows that I have no problem with NC with her and she knows I'm against this kind of behavior. Since she and I had this conversation I have been NC with her for about a month and she has made 3 attempts to get in touch with me including having her sister text me, I really don't have any desire to talk to her.
waitaminute

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »

Maybe she thinks that as a friend, she can share that stuff with you now.
mango_flower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

It could possibly be that she is trying to make you jealous - not because she wants to recycle you, but because she wants you to "want" her... .  for her ego, I guess.

I hate the mind games.

You haven't said how you feel about it though? x

jaird

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

I think they just like hurting people, or continuing to push you away even though you're gone. It's like-see if you're there and if you are possibly still interested in her vs. push you away if you are there or interested.

The one thing I learned, you cannot apply any logic or rational thought to what they do. Their thinking pattern, at least in regards to any close relationship, is all messed up.
Hiloguy

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »

Thank you for all the responses and I agree with all of you, it could be any one of number of reasons.

Mango

You haven't said how you feel about it though? x

I appreciate the question. It doesn't really bother me, a year ago is when I found out that she was not being faithful and it really bothered me at the time. Although when I found out It was hurtful, it was also an "aha moment" and a lot of things fell into place and all of a sudden things made more sense. Now that she tells me something like this, it just reconfirms that she not the person I thought she was and I'm so glad that I got out of it before we got married or had kids. I just see her as a very ill person with a very real disorder and I was supportive of her until I became her target for abuse. Now im just enjoying the peace and working on my life and I've have been seeing a counselor that specializes in BPD and im making great progress. As far as the grief part of it I'm done with being mad and I feel that im predominantly at the acceptance level. On  most days I feel sorry for my ex and hope one day she will seek therapy and I do wish her well.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »

Hiloguy, sex means something different to her, she remembers the relationship differently to you.

If you are maintaining a friendship can you set a boundary around this?

Hiloguy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »

Clearmind

Thank you for the response. I'm maintaining lc/nc for now. I'm concentrating on my life and sometime in the future maybe she and I could be friends on a limited basis. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest