Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 06:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In So Much Pain  (Read 352 times)
Ananta
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 05, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »

I'm worried about my privacy in posting here. There are some real legal risks for me. My current partner and I are recently separated and he has not been diagnosed with BPD but I'm sure he has it. He is so dishonest that he may know and just wouldn't have told me. He's betrayed me in the ways he knew would hurt me the most but his few apologies and unwillingness to take responsibility have left me heartbroken. He says he loves me and it feels more like he just wants me. The relationship I thought I had with him is the most important thing in my life. I'm struggling everyday just to keep up with responsibilities. I want to feel like I can be satisfied without a romantic partnership but I don't know how to achieve it. It's been 5 weeks since the breakup and the relationship lasted 3 years. I want to let go and I haven't been able to find a way to.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

foody

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: currently separating

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »

Hello.

Im currently going through a separation after 16 yrs. Its terrible. She has all the symptoms of BPD but no diagnosis. Ive done everything shes asked me to, supported her, remained loyal even after physical abuse. And now shes dumped me and wants my home. We are talking at the moment but im sure that'll change to anger again soon.

Im tryi g not to show that i care not to let her push her emotions onto me.

Stay strong and consider your owwn health. Ive been worn down ovwr the years and am emotionally empty. Dont let him know he's upsetting you. Thats where the control comes from. I speak from ts of experience. Ive been emotionally controlled, gaslighted, lied to and now this.

Maybe looj into counselling.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »

Hi Ananta,

Welcome  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I wanted to join foody in saying hello. There are many thousands of people who come through here with very similar stories, the details may be different but the emotional and psychological effects are the same.

Did you end the relationship with him? Any kids involved?

What behaviors lead you to think BPD is in play here? A lot of people here have partners or exes who are sub-clinical, it's often hard to know for sure because the process requires some degree of cooperation and that can be difficult to get from someone who has limited willingness or capacity to take responsibility for their actions.

How long have you been separated? Have you been through a cycle like this before?

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest