Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 06:43:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Im feeling not only insane but like I cannot take anything anymore.  (Read 346 times)
AG

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 18, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »

I'm a manager in a fitness club Assistant General Manager to be exact. Front desk staff and Housekeeping staff are both the departments that I run. Today I had an interview I had to conduct for a candidate to replace my Front desk employee who opens the club. Needless to say I really need someone who I can trust to open the club on time every single day with pretty much no room for error. People pay about 100 bucks per month on average to be members and I've heard of other clubs in the same company having been open late and letters come in to corporate and all hell breaks loose. So the other day I sent out a mass email to all the Assistant GM's in the company and Gm's asking for any partimers that wanted to convert over to fulltime. The same AGM who trained me when I got hired a year ago responded that she had someone. I was really happy about that because her work ethic is so high standard and I honestly trusted her. She said she had someone who only works one day at her club. I said ok that sounds great I'll interview him tomorrow. He came in two hours late from when we discussed and was not dressed to impress. He didnt even put on a pair of slacks just came in like he was hanging out with his friends on the weekend or something. I breezed through the interview and knew immediately he wasted my time. When he left I sat there an thought to myself or better yet knew to myself that this AGM who I trusted basically tried to sneakily dump a problem off on me which could possibly get me fired in the long run. I felt betrayed. I feel like I can trust noone and that everyone is out for themselves. For a while now since my downward spiral I cannot take anything. It seems like I'm tender to the touch with my emotions and it doesn't take much to hurt me. Under normal circumstances I am extremely strong willed and don't take any crap from anyone. It seems though at this point I do not have the will or the strength to fight back. Locker room/Construction worker type jokes are normal amonst men in this type of environment. I find myself sometimes having to hold myself back from joking back for fear of going loosing my cool and turning a situation that was someone trying to just joke around into something serious. Within the first year of dating my BPD ex she would say I was insensitive. This was when I'm positive I had healthy boundaries and would hang up the phone when being raged on. Then later on as I weakened and my boundaries weakened I was said to be very sensitive. I feel like I can hear that running in my head over and over again. You are sensitive or as she jokingly called it once mansitive. WOW I want my old self back badly. I want my life back. I feel like I'm an open target and that in a weakened state I a sitting duck waiting to be preyed upon by anyone who want's to take advantage.
LettingGo14

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »

If your best friend was going through what you experienced, what would you tell him?  One technique to try is to write yourself a letter, from yourself, giving encouragement, and advice, as if it were your best friend.   You are being very hard on yourself, AG.  I hope you can give yourself a break. 

We're here for you.
AwakenedOne

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »

WOW I want my old self back badly. I want my life back.

AG,

I looked at some of your old posts. Are you feeling that she has brainwashed you into believing the bad things / your flaws that she has said about you? I had to and am still resisting that. Maybe don't over stress your weakness or emotions at this point and look for some form of positive within yourself and life in general. She's gone so the Analyzer is gone fortunately. How were you before you met her? I bet way better off and happy. I sure was. I have been through hell. Hang in there man I so much understand. Are you seeing a T? That might really be a good outlet for you. Your feelings are natural. The average person on the street doesn't know anything about BPD. They don't know all the cr*p we have been through. I never have spoke of this weird horror story relationship stuff to anybody I know. My goal is to get back to the happiness I had before I met my wife (uBPDstbxW). This isn't an enjoyable relationship you have had right? Look for somebody healthy in a casual way. Mine has wasted enough of my time. Weird now because every girl I meet I will be analyzing to myself... . um... . I wonder is that a BPD trait I'm seeing or hearing? 

Peace be unto you my brother,

AO
AG

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »

WOW I want my old self back badly. I want my life back.

AG,

I looked at some of your old posts. Are you feeling that she has brainwashed you into believing the bad things / your flaws that she has said about you? I had to and am still resisting that. Maybe don't over stress your weakness or emotions at this point and look for some form of positive within yourself and life in general. She's gone so the Analyzer is gone fortunately. How were you before you met her? I bet way better off and happy. I sure was. I have been through hell. Hang in there man I so much understand. Are you seeing a T? That might really be a good outlet for you. Your feelings are natural. The average person on the street doesn't know anything about BPD. They don't know all the cr*p we have been through. I never have spoke of this weird horror story relationship stuff to anybody I know. My goal is to get back to the happiness I had before I met my wife (uBPDstbxW). This isn't an enjoyable relationship you have had right? Look for somebody healthy in a casual way. Mine has wasted enough of my time. Weird now because every girl I meet I will be analyzing to myself... . um... . I wonder is that a BPD trait I'm seeing or hearing? 

Peace be unto you my brother,

AO

I actually am having my first session next week friday after work. I had a mental breakdown last week and decided that I will pay out of pocket how much ever its going to cost to get some help. Im also going to add coverage ASAP. Dating is out of the question to be honest I feel like Im going crazy so I will use her for an example of what not to do to other people I do not want to use anyone. I am almost positive I now have some of her traits within me. I refuse too date anyone with any of her negative traits. I have a very big heart and noone deserves to be used. However long it takes for me to get healthy is how long I will wait to date again. As for my life before her I was on some serious soul searching and self reflection. I embarked on a spiritual journey for about 6 or more years probably close to 8. THere is no doubt in my mind I was fully healthy before I met her. Hence why I would hang up the phone and not put up with her crap when she would rage. Some of the techniques or better yet most of them in the book Stop Walking on Egg Shells I was already doing unknowingly. I would validate her emotions but remove myself when she would rage. I would not reward rage or come running at her whim. It wasnt until I started to question myself when she said I was being harsh and allowed her to rage at me thinking I was possibly abandoning her in time of need that I started the downward spiral. Now my self esteem is shot and the same path I took years ago to feel better and become whole again is useseless. Hence why I added a therapist into the mix. I do not want to feel like Im on edge anymore. Im even at the point of suicidal thoughts to be honest. That's what last weeks breakdown was about. I battled that ish all weekend long and had to open up to my parents about it.
Sunny Side

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »

I get it, AG, the despair is absolutely gut kicking at times but try not to beat yourself over feeling vulnerable.   Your natural defenses have been considerably weakened by the r/s and will take time to become fully "operational" again as you emerge out of the FOG and reassemble yourself.  Mine, too!

When we're functioning normally -- which we are not now, we are still traumatized from the r/s -- our natural defense system is able to ward off any number of 'hostile disturbances' that we experience throughout the course of a day.  But in this traumatized state a coworker, a conversation in line, a disagreement with a friend, a TV show or just walking outside the house can have us feeling like we just want to curl up and cry.  It's a weird, uncomfortable feeling I know because I'm experiencing it, too. 

Last weekend a friend I've known for over 20 years (and who knows the parties involved in my BPD r/s) came to town and we talked about my coming out of this torrential relationship and the circumstances in my life that lead up to it.  In essence we talked about trauma -- I had been dealing with personal, career and family trauma for several years leading up to the r/s -- and he remarked that just before I got involved in the BPD r/s (and now nearly one month out of it) I was like someone who had been hit with a stun gun.  And guess what -- he was right!

These r/s's upset our psychic equilibrium and basically threaten to reroute all of our internal wiring. In my r/s with my uBPDexgf I allowed my already compromised boundaries to be whittled down to nearly dust.  This is not an accident, it is an assault.  To test this notion think back to a point in your life pre-BPD enmeshment when you were in a reasonably healthy, balanced state and imagine how you would have reacted to such an assault.  Chances are your defense system would have warded it off and AG would have kept on steppin', had lunch and lived to fight another day.

Give yourself some real-world time for the "downward spiral" to peter out and the rest of the FOG to clear.  Amid the one-month-out wreckage of my own r/s I'm catching glimpses of my "old healthy self" and if you actively start processing your detachment -- it's gonna be painful, AG, but it's part of the crucible -- I guarantee your system will reboot,  future 'hostile disturbances' will be deflected, your newer, better self will reemerge and you'll start to get your life back, too.  I can already hear it in you.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Boisnix79

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Single...finally

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 01:15:52 AM »

AG, in my whole life even counting my difficult childhood, etc. I had never thought of suicide... . and even now it wasnt so strong that I planned or anything... . but it came to mind as a way out. It just seemed like a viable option... . THAT is what scared the bejesus out of me... . We're better than this, and we know this.

You deserve to be happy AG
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 02:47:05 AM »

Hi AG,

This is very hard to deal with, and I want you to know that you are not alone.  I resonate with your feelings.  After my breakup, I felt extremely vulnerable and almost paranoid that anyone and everyone could "hurt" me for no reason.  I felt so exposed and vulnerable.  I had physical symptoms related to the stress of the loss and had no interest in life or many things I used to enjoy.  Things have gotten so much better now, and I know they can change for you, too.   

The feeling of injury to our self-esteem is real, but with help and support, we come out stronger.  That doesn't deny what we've been through. It's ok to "protect" yourself for a while as you work on your healing, just as we protect a wound on our body while it repairs. 

With time and good therapy, we can begin to open to others again.  I think it's important to do so (at the right time), because the goal is not to build bigger and higher walls, but to forge respectful and honest boundaries, that allow us to truly connect with other people.

You can do this, AG.  Keep reaching out, going to therapy, and giving yourself lots of TLC.  We're here for you.   

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest