Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 08:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He wants me to leave again  (Read 419 times)
Sunflower123

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 09, 2022, 03:27:35 AM »

Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)

My BPD (currently ex) has now told me to leave our house again. I'm also starting to think he may also have NPD along with BPD. This happened last year in November also. He has either left or told me to leave every couple of years before that.

He’s saying the same old speech that he’s never been in a relationship with me (we lived together for over a decade),  he’s trapped in a prison sentence. He screams that “he doesn’t like me!”

This time he informed me that he is planning to take a job in a different city or a different country and he will have to sell our house. He refuses to tell me if he has already accepted a job offer or not or where he’s going. He will not discuss the details any further with me but told me I have 3 months or less to get out and take our cats and the sooner the better. He has to give his current employer 3 months notice before he quits.

He won't say when he's leaving or planning to sell. I would think he's bluffing, but I did hear him on an interview last week and I'm getting property ads on FB. I do NOT want to sell our house. We have lived here for 8 years. Legally, I have rights to half of our house, but I don't want to bring that up to him because that's one of his triggers.

I asked him what he wants to do with our belongings and he said he doesn't care and I can take what I want and figure it out myself. 

When I tried to discuss things he told me I just made it worse and started yelling  nonsense like, “You need to move on and become a stripper”. He also keeps saying I will find a nice man and get married and be happy.

I told him this is not what I want, but if that's what he wants then I will leave.
I wrote him a letter because that's the only way that he seems to listen to what I have to say without going into a rage. I basically said I still care for him and support him and wish I didn't have to leave, but I will if that's what he really wants. I also said that if I leave and go back to my home country, I don't think I will be able to come back.

He replied back that he doesn't want to hear about any feelings I have for him because they are not reciprocated. And he wants to start a healthy, friendly relationship with me, but to do that we need to first separate physically and emotionally. He said we can’t have that living together even though we get along well. This doesn't make sense to me. He always says things that are similar when he splits like, "if you would leave me then we could be together". He also said to tell my family because he doesn't want them to have any contact with him anymore.

He is planning to go visit his family for a month in Dec-Jan and going to leave me alone on Christmas. He wants me to “take care of the house and pets while he’s gone”. My family lives overseas. I'm really not sure if he actually took another job, but I feel like he's not thinking rationally at this time. I honestly don't have anywhere else to go at the moment and I'm emotionally exhausted. He will not talk to me anymore about the situation.

I’ve dealt with this many times, but now he added the new job element. I feel like if he accepts a job he’d have to commit.

Are there any ways I can diffuse this with the least amount of damage?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 06:52:08 AM by Sunflower123 » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

vasso

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 02:14:40 PM »

Hi Sunflower123
I can not tell you how relieved I felt when I read your post.
My situation is almost identical!
My BPD husband also threatens to leave every few months . It has been 30 years of torment.
He believes that I am the problem and will blame trivial instances such as serving him the wrong honey with his breakfast for the reason why I am such a horrible person that he cannot possibly love me.
I projects all his negative behaviour onto me, he is abuse and then simply denies it but insists that I am the problem because I am the awful person.
He left in the middle of the night last week and  intentionally took my car leaving me stranded.When he returned he was outraged to discover that I had hired a car and wasted money and accused me of needing a car so that I could carry out an affair- made me the problem to deflect from his behaviour.
My BPD  is also threatening to sell the house and has secretly contacted agents and solicitors. He is also threatening to move far away. He tells me that he cant wait to get away from me and has begun to search for properties to buy.
Like you I remain quite so as not to trigger him. But the less I show him that I am hurt by his actions the harder he tries to hurt me.
I feel for you but it is so incredible to find someone who is going through almost identical difficulties .
Together we can be strong
Sunflower123

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 05:56:26 PM »

Hi vasso!
I'm both relieved and also sorry to hear that your situation sounds extremely similar to mine. My BPD also projects onto me, acts abusive, but thinks I'm the problem.

Recently he has been shutting me out and stonewalling me most of the time. He tells his friends that he's lonely and our relationship is horrible, but he seems to be doing everything to make it that way. I have been walking on eggshells and focusing myself as of now, but just as you say the less emotion I show, the more it seems like he tries to get a reaction from me.

My BPD also blames all of his unhappiness on me and constantly says that I'm a horrible person and he doesn't like me, but he can't give me any examples of why. It's taking a huge toll on me.

Tonight, I overheard a conversation that my BPD will be receiving a job offer from overseas tomorrow, but he's not sure if he will accept it. I'm really hoping that he decides not to go through with it.

He is not thinking logically right now and I'm sitting on pins and needles hoping that he declines and doesn't proceed with his plans to sell the house and cause unnecessary chaos.

He has threatened to leave/left multiple times in the past, but always comes back saying he made a mistake. 

Let's keep each other posted and get through this together!
vasso

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 02:51:03 AM »

Hi Sunflower 123
This week Mm BPD left me in the middle of the night  with no word of where he was going or when he would be back .He took the only means of transportation I had so I was left stranded until he returned. When he returned he was furious that I had hired a car and insisted  that the car belonged to some one I was sleeping with.
He has a BPD sister who is encouraging his behaviour towards me as it brings them closer together. She has convinced him that I am tracking his phone.
Keep strong , vent to me whenever you like
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest