Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 08:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Todays struggle  (Read 348 times)
Mightyhammers

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 11, 2013, 03:51:41 AM »

Well its her birthday today, and it took a lot of willpower, advice from friends and the great people on here not to do anything about it – and I haven’t. Not even a message to her to wish her happy birthday ( I was originally going to send flowers to her workplace ). Im just hoping I don’t get something from her lambasting me for forgetting it was today ( even though she explained to me that she doesn’t like celebrating her own birthday, but she also told me on one of our first dates that she isn’t a needy person ( shes the complete opposite )), if she sends me something I don’t think Ill be very happy……
LuckyEscapee

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:18:03 AM »

Well done MH  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I wouldn't be inclined to kick the hornets nest!

When this happened to me it was excruciating to not acknowledge his birthday, as I used to enjoy spoiling him rotten, and I knew he would be expecting me to do/say something. I didn't because it sets a dangerous pattern that makes it acceptable for him to pop up into my life every calendar occasion. When they have reduced self control, and self-absorption it is too much of a risk to expect positive well wishes only. It is always about them.

My last birthday came with a side order of rewriting history and total delusion   it is definitely not to be encouraged. Nothing to stop you wishing her birthday health in your head and your heart. Safer all around.
Mightyhammers

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:32:58 AM »

Well done MH  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I wouldn't be inclined to kick the hornets nest!

When this happened to me it was excruciating to not acknowledge his birthday, as I used to enjoy spoiling him rotten, and I knew he would be expecting me to do/say something. I didn't because it sets a dangerous pattern that makes it acceptable for him to pop up into my life every calendar occasion. When they have reduced self control, and self-absorption it is too much of a risk to expect positive well wishes only. It is always about them.

My last birthday came with a side order of rewriting history and total delusion   it is definitely not to be encouraged. Nothing to stop you wishing her birthday health in your head and your heart. Safer all around.

Thanks Lucky, I don’t actually feel as bad as I thought I would probably as a circumstance of getting my head stuck into a few things to better myself  Being cool (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest