Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 13, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They hate to lose - if you have kids you'll understand  (Read 342 times)
lockedout

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: separated since 1/13

« on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »

Me and the soon to be BPD ex have been going back and forth over our 2 yr old son all day. I have the flu. It hit me like a mack truck on Sunday night and I went to the Dr.'s office first thing Monday morning. I'd had my son all day Sunday. They ran a swab test and the results came back positive. I'm contagious for 5 day and the incubation period is 24-48 hrs. I'm down for the count. She went took our son to the Dr. last night and he "thinks" he may have the flu. He prescribed Tamiflu which we can't even get until tomorrow. She decided to keep him home from school; which I concur because he could be carrying it and passing it around. He has been coughing a lot over the past few days, but he has mild asthma. She wanted me to take him for the day. I rolled out of bed and drove to the "drop point". She said that he was coughing and had a "low grade" fever, but not say what his temp was. She also mentioned that he threw up the night before. No other signs or symptoms of flu. I'd heard him on the phone right before that and he sounded quite cheerful and he did not appear to be sick; ie sunken eyes, lethargic, excessively cranky, etc. Common sense dictates that if you're sick and your child isn't that you should mitigate exposure: kids die from the flu and he probably would have ended up in the hospital by now. Needless to say, I did not take him for the day. I tried to explain all this to her, both before and after she got back in the car and went storming off, but she only focused on all the clients and contractors she had coming in. She didn't care that I was sick as a dog or that if he wasn't showing serious signs of illness bu now, based on the incubation period, that he was probably going to be ok.

Later in the day she said that I will have him tomorrow or I would be picking him up at 12:15 from school if he went. What the heck? She's trying to convince me that he has the flu so I could take him for the day but she's entertaining the idea of him going back to school tomorrow? We picked up this conversation as I've been typing this entry. She said that I'm only contagious if I have a fever and the flu test results take 24 hours to come back from the CDC. Even though I told her as soon as I found out, she said "that's not what you told me yesterday. I replied by describing the procedure for testing and that the doctor came in 5 min later and told me that I tested positive and that I'm contagious for 5 days. I had read on the information sheet that the incubation period is 24-48 hours. I also mentioned that my temp was 100 when I went to get our son. I also quoted the text I sent her.

Her answer: "Whatever. Can you take him Friday after school"?

I really don't get it. She's so intent on her being "right" and me being "wrong" that she favored exposing our son to a potentially life threatening illness over listening to anything I had to say. I had even mentioned in one text that it's a waste of time arguing with her and she responded "glad to see you think I'm a waste of time". I would think that any healthy person would give me the benefit of the doubt then improvise, adapt, overcome when it came to the obstacles it presented: everything comes in a distant second to toddlers and the flu especially if it can be avoided.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest