Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 01:53:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woke up single today  (Read 448 times)
Heartandsole

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart planning to divorce

« on: March 05, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »

I have been through quite a journey in the last year.  I have learned more than I want to know about BPD and NPD in that time.  Many of the tools that I now posses as a result will be applied to identifying  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  and I am also grateful for the life lessons this taught me. 

I am a better person from all of this, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

I have found this community of people and the knowledge base on this forum invaluable. 

Time for me to focus on the future, not the past.  That means when I come here it is to help someone else out, or focus on my continuing personal work/inventory. 

Today I am no longer legally married to a BPD.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Today I am not married to a NPD

I am FREE!

30 months and counting until I write my last check to buy my freedom and happiness.   I don't care if I have to eat Ramen Noodles for 900 days.  It was worth it. 

I AM WORTH IT... .She had convinced me otherwise.   

She was dead wrong.  I love myself and I DESERVE better.  I have set my heading for calmer waters and smoother sailing, and I am happy for me. 

I wish her all the best on her journey.

A sincere THANK YOU to this community!
WalrusGumboot

Relationship status: My divorce was final in April, 2012.

Two years out and getting better all the time!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45:49 AM »

Right on, Heartandsole!

Next month it will be three years since my divorce was final. I gave up so much material possessions to get free, but it was a small price to pay. I would still be paying out alimony today, but my ex did me a huge favor my remarrying within six months of the divorce, setting me truly free  Smiling (click to insert in post) Maybe this might happen to you!

"If your're going through hell, keep going..." Winston Churchill
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

Nice! I hope you eat something better than ramen noodles to celebrate  Smiling (click to insert in post)

You mention that it's time to focus on the future and not the past, which is wise. But don't forget the present! That's where the healing is.

Did you feel that the judge ruled favorably in your case? Or maybe you were able to sort it out between the two Ls? Either way, 30 months of support is not too bad. The financial situation in my marriage was such a struggle -- my ex's impulsive spending was going to give me an ulcer. But he was also the one earning 5x my salary. Even so, it wore me out. It was such a relief and source of peace to not have that in my life, and even though I was paying buckets of money in legal fees, I was able to live frugally and know exactly where every penny was going, and why. Just that alone felt like freedom. Maybe you'll find even something like that will give you some small semblance of joy. That's what these BPD marriages do, they make you appreciate the simple things. Like walking into your home without feeling dread.

What's next for you in terms of recovery?

Breathe.
Heartandsole

Relationship status: Living Apart planning to divorce

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »

Nice! I hope you eat something better than ramen noodles to celebrate  Smiling (click to insert in post)

You mention that it's time to focus on the future and not the past, which is wise. But don't forget the present! That's where the healing is.

Did you feel that the judge ruled favorably in your case? Or maybe you were able to sort it out between the two Ls? Either way, 30 months of support is not too bad. The financial situation in my marriage was such a struggle -- my ex's impulsive spending was going to give me an ulcer. But he was also the one earning 5x my salary. Even so, it wore me out. It was such a relief and source of peace to not have that in my life, and even though I was paying buckets of money in legal fees, I was able to live frugally and know exactly where every penny was going, and why. Just that alone felt like freedom. Maybe you'll find even something like that will give you some small semblance of joy. That's what these BPD marriages do, they make you appreciate the simple things. Like walking into your home without feeling dread.

What's next for you in terms of recovery?

Thanks LnL.  Yes, I'm not going to starve that's for sure!  I have plenty of good things to eat... .don't worry about me  Being cool (click to insert in post)

I cried uncle.  I had no leverage in my case, so it seems like extortion, but in the end it's OK.  At least I don't have kids, and I have my health and sanity.  There was no judge except to sign the papers yesterday.   I was paying for both L's and the next phase was going to get really really expensive and drag this thing out for a while.  I'd rather get it over with and move on, and have her get $ than give it to accountants, business evlauators, lawyers and consultants.  What is fair?  Who knows, but what isn't fair is a good guy like me getting beaten down all the time. 

Yes.  I do a great job of living in the present I believe.  That's one of the gifts I have received.  I used to ruminate on the past and worry about things in the future that may not even happen. 

Recovery steps for me... .I am going to get back into some workout routines, get my own space, and continue to search for the root cause of why I allowed this poor treatment to go on for so long.  Dig back into why I was attracted to this hot mess of a woman in the first place... .

Oh yeah, and enjoy the company of a mess of hot women. 

I
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

I'd rather get it over with and move on, and have her get $ than give it to accountants, business evlauators, lawyers and consultants.  What is fair?  Who knows, but what isn't fair is a good guy like me getting beaten down all the time.

I wholeheartedly agree. If court was a fair and just place, it would be worth it to have the whole machinery weigh in and do the right thing. Since it isn't, the choice to take care of yourself is a wise choice.

Excerpt
Recovery steps for me... .I am going to get back into some workout routines, get my own space, and continue to search for the root cause of why I allowed this poor treatment to go on for so long.  Dig back into why I was attracted to this hot mess of a woman in the first place... .

Maybe I'll see you over on the Personal Inventory board when you're ready  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Excerpt

And on the Building Healthy Relationships board  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Breathe.
jedimaster

Relationship status: Married - 34 yrs; Separated - 2 weeks; Divorced - ASAP

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »

I have been through quite a journey in the last year.  I have learned more than I want to know about BPD and NPD in that time.  Many of the tools that I now posses as a result will be applied to identifying  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  and I am also grateful for the life lessons this taught me. 

I am a better person from all of this, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

I have found this community of people and the knowledge base on this forum invaluable. 

Time for me to focus on the future, not the past.  That means when I come here it is to help someone else out, or focus on my continuing personal work/inventory. 

Today I am no longer legally married to a BPD.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Today I am not married to a NPD

I am FREE!

30 months and counting until I write my last check to buy my freedom and happiness.   I don't care if I have to eat Ramen Noodles for 900 days.  It was worth it. 

I AM WORTH IT... .She had convinced me otherwise.   

She was dead wrong.  I love myself and I DESERVE better.  I have set my heading for calmer waters and smoother sailing, and I am happy for me. 

I wish her all the best on her journey.

A sincere THANK YOU to this community!

I think I'm going to post this on my bathroom mirror to remind me where I'm headed.  Just getting started down this road.  So far it's gone surprisingly smoothly but I'm well aware how fast that can change.  But I'm hoping for the best while prepping for the worst.

But as for you, CONGRATULATIONS!  You made it!  See you on the outside!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Smiling (click to insert in post)

"Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."  | "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”  |  "Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." ~ Yoda
whirlpoollife

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »

... .the next phase was going to get really really expensive and drag this thing out for a while.  I'd rather get it over with and move on, and have her get $ than give it to accountants, business evlauators, lawyers and consultants.  What is fair?  Who knows, but what isn't fair is a good guy like me getting beaten down all the time. 

Smart move.

Congratulations!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

"Courage is when you know your're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." ~ Harper Lee
Grey Kitty

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

Congratulations on taking your freedom! I've yet to do financial division, but at least we've divided up the physical possession of the boat (mine) and all the belongings aboard (those that I didn't give her are mine)

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) I missread something there about a woman being a hot mess. Watch out for that kind!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest