Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:23:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Both sons out of control because of recreational drugs are they BPD?  (Read 1712 times)
Calm Waters

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married living together

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »

I am pleased to say Xmas went really well all things considered. I get the sense the injections and antidepressants are starting to work for my older son; he is still detained in hospital but has been allowed out for day trips returning at night. Tomorrow we all hope to visit my 93 year old father and my brother in the midlands - i.5 hour car journey each way but I am hopeful it will be ok. The younger one is still at home and struggling with his paranoia not seeing friends but had a good time with the cousins at Xmas so I think that has boosted his confidence a bit; he is starting a labouring job on 4th January so I am hoping the structure will help but getting him up in the morning is going to be a struggle! I have to say this is the first Xmas ever where there has been no argument and I am sad to say that that is largely due to the fact they my wife's sister who was a classic high functioning BPD is dead; every Xmas it would all have to be about her and if she didn't like anything then all hell broke loose. I know she was guilty of domestic theft on a grand scale, lying, cheating, abusive, grandiose, mean and cruel, now we can all rest in peace, apart from the fact her new husband now a widower is trying to steal whats left of my nieces inheritance, a cool £0.5 million pounds - turns out he was a gold digger all along who is not prepared to honour my sister in laws will……... will it never end! - Calm
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Calm Waters

Relationship status: married living together

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »

oh oh spoke to soon, he's just had his depo injection and has kicked off again! he can't see that they are helping him, so maybe he won't be coming tomorrow! ah well - calm
Kwamina
Retired Staff

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »

oh oh spoke to soon, he's just had his depo injection and has kicked off again! he can't see that they are helping him, so maybe he won't be coming tomorrow! ah well - calm

Hopefully this will turn out to be just a minor bump on the road and in time he will see that the medication is helping him.

I am very happy that Christmas went so well for you and your family. A lot has happened these last few weeks/months so it's great that you at least had an 'uneventful' Christmas Smiling (click to insert in post)

I remember that thread in which you talked about your SIL's passing. It's sad indeed how BPD can negatively affect the lives of everyone involved.

One day at a time is my only advice now. We cannot change what happened in the past, cannot control the future so the best thing to do is probably to focus on the present and take things day by day.

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2015, 10:16:04 AM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its post limit, and is now closed. This is a worthwhile topic, and you are free to start a new thread to continue the conversation. Thanks for your understanding... .

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest