Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 12:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting back on the saddle  (Read 1112 times)
DAS

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Never married

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »

Im not OK without a girlfriend, still not, even after this and therapy, I still feel lonely with friends. Its like I need another level of closeness, that level you have only with a partner, i just dont get that from friends.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel this way. Of course, the way my pwBPD has been acting since Valentine's Day wasn't fulfilling my needs for closeness at all.

The only difference is that I have no offers. I will be single precisely as long as it takes to find the next woman who is interested in me. Not my choice, not my control. Judging from previous relationship dissilution - this could take months or years... .:'(
O'Maria

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »

I don't think you always have to wait 6 months to start a new relationship, thats just a recommendation so you have time to process what went wrong. But if youre an adult with life experience and good r/s skills it shouldnt take that much to figure yourself out.

When I had my troublesome r/s with my ex BP boyfriend, I knew the love story was over and we would never get engaged or married. It was so energy consuming and I started having physical symptoms like headache and depression, which is unusual for my positive spirit. He wanted to take me down every time I was in a good mood and he had his anxiety attacks. We were on/off at least 3 times and I want to say that it was preparation for the big break-up every single time.

I went back to the dating scene only a few weeks after he left for good and took all his belongings. It didnt take me long to understand myself or what went wrong in my rollercoaster relationship.

I agree that its hard to find a match. To me it happened by "chance", and I am happy with my new bf. The funny thing is that I didnt feel like love at first sight, I started liking him after we talked and got to know each others values, and he sounds just like people on this board. He is moving fast, but we have good communication and he is very open about his feelings, also he sounds so mature. Now I feel like I am with a man, when I was dating my BPbf it felt like I was with a teenage boy who had mood swings and temper tantrums and blamed it all on me.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest