Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:41:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult daughter with many BP and BPD traits and 2 grands living with me.  (Read 388 times)
hanging on

« on: August 09, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »

My daughter just had her second child by a man with a diagnosis BPD .I haven't been around him much in the past but at the hospital his behavior was frightening at say the least. My daughter is 34 not married to him but for some reason keeps going back to him. He was raging at me. I lost my husband just 19 months ago and then 4 months later was diagnosed with breast cancer. I can't be around all that craziness. He didn't take her to the hospital and he didn't come and get her yet she wanted to go to his house . He has been unemployed for over a year . The house is being foreclosed . I don't want him here and my daughter takes his defense and is very irrational at times also. I really don't want either of them at my home .I am concerned about my grandchildren  
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
havana

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Widower

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »

Hello hanging on

I'm sorry to hear about you SIL. He sounds like a real catch. Your daughter may be suffering just as an abused spouse does. Do you know if she is abused? The non's in these relationships sometimes have a terrible time breaking away. How do they support themselves?

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. How are you doing with that?

Welcome

Life is short. Shorter for some than others.
hanging on

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »

Yes my daughter has been abused , but she keeps going back
deerintheheadlights

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:54:34 PM »

Dear Hanging on, Welcome

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your husband and now the diagnosis.  You know how they teach you when you fly that when the oxygen mask comes down you put it on first and then you tend to others.  This is such a time.  Right now you are all that you can handle, fighting this diagnosis and healing.  Those are your full time jobs.  Everything will still be there when you are ready to take it on.  It is so hard, I know.  My son is married to a BPD girl and they just had their second baby.  She has made him believe that his family is against her and we now have no contact with my son so I know how bad it can get.  My point is that until my son wants to change things there is very little that I can do about it.  It is the same with your daughter.  You will have to distance yourself from her for a while and let her make her own mistakes.  Even if you had the strength to run interference it would do no good.  Now is the time for you to concentrate on getting better.  My very best wishes to you.  We are here to support you hanging on.  Your friend, Deer
hanging on

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »

My daughter is in denial about having any problems. She has been with me 5 yrs. I am dealing with stage 4 cancer . Her emotional episodes, unstable financially several jobs end in them not appreciating her and she her talent. She is extremely artistic as well as extreme in setting up  chaos. It is on going. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest