Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 19, 2024, 03:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Ridge Ranch Month 9: BPD d13 in residential treatment center  (Read 3010 times)
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »

dear qcarol,

i  was just going through my list  of favorites... .cleaning house a little and found this there.  copied it to come here and paste for you... .what a

coincidence!... .or is it... .Smiling (click to insert in post)

Neurofeedback is a holistic, non-invasive, comprehensive training system that creates changes in the brain at a cellular level. Neurofeedback training is brainwave biofeedback. It corrects both the symptoms and the cause of the problem, as well as improving one's sense of well being. Also known as neurotherapy, neurofeedback can be used to improve both mental and physical performance.

here is the link to the site:

www.thebraininstitute.net/what_is_neurofeedback.html

During neurofeedback training, electrodes placed on the scalp and earlobes measure the electrical patterns coming from the brain. Some brains are under-active and others are over-active. Neurofeedback retrains the brain to naturally heal by teaching it to repattern abnormal brain-wave patterns and produce normal ones. It is based on the classical operant conditioning system using rewards and feedback.

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

greetings friends,

just an update on the recent goings on:

during our social call wednesday BPDd-13 told me she is having trouble regulating her emotions.

possible factors:  individual therapist is out for a few weeks for surgery, BPDd-13 is in the transitional phase of treatment and still has the goal of graduating in mid march, the expectation that she will consistently meet the requirements for being in the trans unit are causing stress for her.

we did not get an email from her wed. nite... .when I finally got to speak with the educational director last nite she told me she ran into my BPDd-13 this am and told her she would be calling me tonight and BPDd-13 told her "tell my mom I am on probation so I can't email her".

i got an email late last nite from the trans director stating that BPDd-13 had more than 5 issues last week and is now on probation.  ;p

i got the go ahead on the online public school with the recommendation that a 504 be set up so I will begin the process of enrollment, scheduling phone conferences, etc... .

the educational director is going to give my BPDd-13 a practice taks test next week to see what areas she needs to work on so that they/we can be more efficient in our focus of study w/BPDd-13.

lbjnltx

whiletheseasonspass

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

Dearest lbj,

If you don't mind my two cents... .I think you are right- with your possible reasons for this stuff going on... .

That because our BPD's do not do well with changes... .and there is a big one coming up for your dd... .and her T is out for surgery- I agree i.e. I think it is throwing her off a bit. 

My faith in you and your gained knowledge ( you are really brilliant and could write a book IMHO) and because of your faith in God- I think that whatever challenges come about- you will be led in the right direction to keep your dd headed in the right direction.   

And maybe there will be bumps - yes... .but so much progress has been made.  Your daughter seems to have so much pride in her new self... .and your love means a great deal to her- that is so so so huge with a BPD - you have gained her trust- very wonderful and so much to be hopeful for.  There have been so many changes in the past months for the GOOD.     

So anyway I just wanted to give you the reassurance that bumps do not mean way bigger un-doable bumps... .and I believe you already know this... .but just wanted to say it anyway and I wanted to offer my support and reassurance to you.

wtsp

js friend

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »

during our social call wednesday BPDd-13 told me she is having trouble regulating her emotions.

Excerpt
So great that your d is able to share these feelings with you! Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »

lbj - I'm with edenblu. This is such a great thing for your D to have this awareness that she is struggling, and to let you know about it. Even tho her T being out with surgery may aggravate things, it is also providing a great opportunity for your D and the staff there to be working with her under this stress before she comes home. Kind of like practice.

The school option with the 504 plan sounds like a good choice for you. Great that they can start getting things ready - getting a connection with your D - while she is still at the residential treatment center.

Hang in there - keep breathing and thinking and feeling and moving back to the Wise Mind you have in place.

qcr      

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
peaceplease

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:36 PM »

It must be difficult for your dd to be scared and her T is not there to validate her.  Her trouble with regulation emotions is so understandable.  She really has made tremendous progress. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

peaceplease
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »

Excerpt
And maybe there will be bumps - yes... .but so much progress has been made.  Your daughter seems to have so much pride in her new self... .and your love means a great deal to her- that is so so so huge with a BPD - you have gained her trust- very wonderful and so much to be hopeful for.  There have been so many changes in the past months for the GOOD.   

yes! yes! yes!  my greatest fear was that my d would never know my love for her... .i fear no more.  we are so close emotionally now. it is awesome.

Excerpt
It must be difficult for your dd to be scared and her T is not there to validate her.

yes, I think it is but the transitions director doesn't seem to think so... .either way my d will be ok.  instead of being able to offer her some extra support from home, communication was cut off. ;p   no emails wed-sat for her.  rules are broken and consequences happen... .this is one of those situations where there are pros and cons to each decision and I must step back and let the powers that be do their job.  just wish I could have sent her some words of encouragement and validation... .reminded her to go to her Wise Mind... .her individual therapist was to remind the staff to use this phrase with her ... .don't know if they have or not... .perhaps not... .?

we will have Positive Peer Culture tomorrow and a social call... .i think.  her therapist is supposed to be back this week as well.  we will see.

lbjnltx

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest