Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: As someone who viewed this took this survey, how do you rate it.
Excellent - 4 (66.7%)
Good - 1 (16.7%)
Fair - 1 (16.7%)
Poor - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SURVEY | Domestic Violence Threat Assessment  (Read 1771 times)
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 18, 2007, 08:19:53 AM »

The testing service will need your email address to send you results

Early MOSAIC systems were developed more than twenty years ago. Today, the enhanced MOSAIC method is used by the U.S. Supreme Court Police to assess threats to the Justices, by the U.S. Marshals Service for screening threats to judicial officials, by the U.S. Capitol Police for threats against Members of Congress, by police agencies protecting the governors of eleven states, by many large corporations, and by thirty top universities.

There are unique MOSAIC systems for different situations, including:

Threats and fear in the workplace
    Threats by students
    Threats against judges
    Threats against public figures and public officials
     Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) Spousal abuse situations

Unlike a checklist, MOSAIC facilitates an in-depth exploration of a situation, bringing attention to factors and combinations of factors that might otherwise go unnoticed.

A development team of experts in psychology, law enforcement, victims' advocacy, prosecution, mental health, and threat assessment determines what areas of inquiry will produce the highest quality assessments. MOSAIC poses those questions to users, accompanied by a range of possible answers. MOSAIC calculates the value of the answers selected by the assessor, and expresses the results on a scale of 1 to 10. MOSAIC automatically produces a full written report, describing the factors that were considered.

Unlike a book (or even a whole library), MOSAIC offers information at precisely the point in an assessment at which it's most valuable. On-line resources include a library of research, publications, and training videos made by the Nation's leading experts in threat assessment, behavioral sciences, criminal investigation, law enforcement, and psychology. The goal is that people conducting assessments come away better informed than they began.

2Corinthians5:17

Relationship status: 2 yrs happily married

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 03:57:49 AM »

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/
<br/>:)e Becker wrote the Gift of Fear, if anyone is familiar with that book.  

I saw him on Oprah today explaining his new, free mosaic assesment, used to improve predictions people make regarding violence from others.  

The test is designed for romantic relationships, but I took it from the perspective of my uBPD Mother, who feels incredibly entitled to have a relationship with my unborn baby, who I recently went no contact with.

Scored 7 out of 10.

Which leads me to wonder- do you know of anyone with BPD that has resorted to kidnapping or attempted murder?
AppleChippy

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:29 AM »

I'm interested in this topic too.  My SIL has made me really worried on occasion that she could physically harm me or my husband out of some twisted belief that we're bad parents to HER NEWPHEWS.
newfreedom

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:52:29 AM »

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/

Which leads me to wonder, do you know anyone with BPD that has resorted to kidnapping or attempted murder?

Do I know anyone?   I thought everyone did.   That's how normal it seems to me... .really.

My mother tried to kill me when I moved several states away.   She stalked me, found me, and when I refused to go home with her, she went for a knife in the kitchen.   I locked myself in the bedroom and called 911.   

She and her sister (long before the above incident) attempted to murder a guy that my aunt was having an affair with.  He threatened to tell my uncle about the affair.  They slit his throat with a knife.   He did not die but was sufficiently frightened and did not tell. This happened many years before she tried to kill me.   She told this story to me and my siblings many times over.   I believe she told us that because she wanted us to know what she was capable of doing if we failed to follow her rules.   

An amazing thing happened many years later when I started therapy for the first time.

It came up (after mother died) and so I asked uBPDs if she remembered the story.  I'll never forget her outrage at my even suggesting such a thing.   ?   ? 

What happened next is why I believe there is a God.   She runs my brother's business for him and the business is well known in their community... .and almost one week to the day after she denied any memory of the story, the victim's son showed up at the office where she worked.   His father had died years before.   He went to talk to her about the incident!     We never knew until then the identity of the  victim.    I was surprised that she in fact told me the truth... .that the victim's son paid a visit to her and my brother, and that my memory was valid.     

There is lots more but this is all I can stomach to write right now.   If your mother is anything like mine,  I'd say you have reason to be cautious.   

StuJen

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

Yes, diagnosed BPD MIL has attempted to take my older son out of daycare without our permission. I had anticipated this and she was not on the pick-up list, and the DCP was told to call the cops if MIL showed up (I showed DCP a picture of MIL).  DCP threatened to call the police and MIL left the premises.  I am not sure what she was planning on doing with DS, but I am not sure I want to know.
Japanese Doll

Relationship status: married

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

My uBP/NP momtser never tried to kill me but told me she wanted to kill my enfather many times.  She even decided how she would kill him.   She wanted to stab him from his back.  But this never happened.  My enfather still lives with his crazy wife.  I dont understand this.

Japanese Doll 

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

Yes, diagnosed BPD MIL has attempted to take my older son out of daycare without our permission. I had anticipated this and she was not on the pick-up list, and the DCP was told to call the cops if MIL showed up (I showed DCP a picture of MIL). 

Wow, StuJen, good for you for trusting your intuition and potentially saving your child's life.  I know it must feel awkward to show pics to DCPs, but your concern for your child's safety was greater, and you did the loving thing even if the DCP thought you might be an over-protective parent.  I am realizing the real potential danger and am going to plan to do the same thing whenever leaving my daughter in another person's care.  Thank you for sharing that idea.

My mother tried to kill me when I moved several states away.   She stalked me, found me, and when I refused to go home with her, she went for a knife in the kitchen.   I locked myself in the bedroom and called 911.   

NF, thank you for sharing.  Hugs to you.      That is horrible what your Mom did to you.  Of course you know that, but I still want to say it.  Horrible.  Evil.  Words can't even describe.  Gavin De Becker said that we can't prevent what we can't imagine.  We don't want to imagine that a mother would violate the sacred trust of her child and commit the unimaginable evil.  My heart breaks for you. 

My uBP/NP momtser never tried to kill me but told me she wanted to kill my enfather many times.  She even decided how she would kill him.   She wanted to stab him from his back. 

Geeze, these people are crazy.  Really crazy.  Truly crazy.  I'm glad we all have each other to encourage and help look out for one another by calling them for what they are.  Evil and crazy.
StuJen

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »

Well, we didn't tell her the name of the daycare (in-home, WONDERFUL lady), but she must have overheard the name and looked her up online (a lady has to advertise her daycare, after all).  It was actually Husband's idea to warn the daycare lady, which surprised the heck out of me.
DrivenByPanic

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »

When my grandmother (mother's mother) was in a nursing home, mother called me hysterical at 5:00 am one morning saying that she was being indicted for attempted murder       of her mother. Nursing home staff reported her to the police or something. I TOTALLY believe my mother is capable of this. Thankfully nothing ever came of the charges. I don't understand what happened there and I probably never will. But I will NEVER EVER be alone with my mother for as long as I live. Another big fear of mine is that she will hurt herself and try to frame me for it. She's incredibly shrewd and conniving, probably psychotic.

The Gift of Fear is a terrific book. I'm half way through it now and it's already helped tremendously in how I'm dealing with No Contact.
dufzor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »

My mom has said she wanted to hurt people and has said that people she reads about in the news "should be shot, hung, water boarded," etc.  I know that whe beat me into submission as a child.  I remember when I came home for my first and last visit with my college roommate, mom said she was "So mad how you hang out with her and pay attention to each other that I wanted to push you both into the oven and cook you!".   (I am guessing that that was a period of psychosis?).  Anyway, the next college breaks, I did not take roommates home and slept with a knife under my pillow because I really believed that she would kill me.  In my adult years she has also exibited stalking behavior, so yeah, I believe mine is capable.
TCMK

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »

My mother decided I was a terrible mother and should give up my 2 year old son for adoption.  When I said no, she enlisted my son's father to kidnap him and take him to another state.  There were emergency custody hearings in that state and my son was placed in foster care for a full week before they decided they had  no jurisdiction and put my baby on a plane and sent him home.

My mother testified in court here that I was an unfit mother (Wow, I had actually kind of forgotten about this) but that the father also was unfit and my son should be placed for adoption.  SHE didn't want him.  She just DIDN'T want me to have him.

I believe these people are dangerous and would NEVER put ANYTHING past them.
Dev

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 12:20:53 AM »

Some of these stories are horrendous. Hugs to all  x

My mother has made threats to kill on a number of occasions, the worst being when she rang my 19yo sister's BF's family, enraged that my sister was spending time at their house against Mum's "permission". (Sis was already living away from home.) I was visiting my parents at the time and heard her screaming her lungs out on the phone to the BF's parents, "YOU ARE STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS, I'LL KILL YOU, IF I EVER SEE YOU I'LL KILL YOU, AUUUGGGHHH!"

She has never escalated to the point of attempted murder and I don't want to imagine that she ever would... .but then again, do I really know what she's capable of?

I do know she would be capable of kidnapping; when I was a baby she threatened to "kidnap" me and take me abroad to keep my father and his family away.
newfreedom

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:32 AM »

Geeze, these people are crazy.  Really crazy.  Truly crazy.  I'm glad we all have each other to encourage and help look out for one another by calling them for what they are.  Evil and crazy.

Ditto.  I am so saddened for all of us.    :'(    We are true survivors.  That saying about what doesn't kill you will make you stronger just isn't any consolation these days.    Life just doesn't seem fair.     This is the only place where I don't feel alone.   I am eternally grateful for all of you.

2Corinthians,   I was spellbound when I read the quotation from Bold Love included in your posts.    I keep reading it over and over because that is exactly what I am recovering from.    Did you read the book?    If so, does it shed more light on that type of thinking?

If you read it, do you recommend it?     nf   

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »

Thank you all for sharing.  Reading your posts just confirms to me that safety is an issue, and we need a pro-active plan.  And isn't it just plain crazy and ironic is that these very people who are a danger to us or our children see themselves as the victim?  So completely twisted.   

NF,  I just sent a message to you with more info on my thoughts on the book Bold Love.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions