Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:38:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: As someone who has read this book how would you rate it?
Excellent - 1 (100%)
Good - 0 (0%)
Fair - 0 (0%)
Poor - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Invisible String - Patrice Karst [Child]  (Read 781 times)
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »

The Invisible String
Author: Patrice Karst
Publisher: DeVorss & Company (September 1, 2000)
Hardcover: 36 pages
ISBN-10: 0875167349
ISBN-13: 978-0875167343

Book Description
A steady best-seller and The Strings are still reaching all over the World!  "That's impossible", said twins Jeremy & Liza after their Mom told them they're all connected by this thing called an Invisible String. "What kind of string"? They asked with a puzzled look to which Mom replied, "An Invisible String made of love." That's where the story begins. A story that teaches of the tie that really binds. The Invisible String reaches from heart to heart. Does everybody have an Invisible String? How far does it reach, anyway? Does it ever go away? Read all about it! The Invisible String is a very simple approach to overcoming the fear of loneliness or separation with an imaginative flair that children can easily identify with and remember. Here is a warm and delightful lesson teaching young and old that we aren't ever really alone and reminding children (and adults!) that when we are loved beyond anything we can imagine. "People who love each other are always connected by a very special String, made of love. Even though you can't see it with your eyes, you can feel it deep in your heart, and know that you are always connected to the ones you love."

Thus begins this heart-warming and reassuring story that addresses the issue of "separation anxiety" (otherwise known as the sense of existential 'aloneness' to children of all ages. Specifically written to address children's fear of being apart from the ones they love, The Invisible String delivers a particularly compelling message in today's uncertain times that though we may be separated from the ones we care for, whether through anger, or distance or even death, love is the unending connection that binds us all, and, by extension, ultimately binds every person on the planet to everyone else. Parents and children everywhere who are looking for reassurance and reaffirmation of the transcendent power of love, to bind, connect and comfort us through those inevitable times when life challenges us! Let's tell the whole world know that we are all connected by Invisible Strings!

About the Author
Born in London, England, Patrice Karst is a best-selling author of both adult and children's books, teacher, guide, mother and popular speaker whose books have been translated worldwide. One of today's most well loved inspirational voices, she offers simple guidance about strengthening our relationship with Spirit/God by combining her study of global spiritual practices with a powerful, forthright and down-to-earth style. Using her entertaining unique blend of humor, honest and audience interaction she shares her message of hope, love and comfort to appreciative audiences everywhere. The messages found in all of her work motivate people of all faiths and walks of life to connect with God (that which is called by many different names) and find their own sense of spiritual strength. Her work touches children and adults alike.

Love and the needs of the heart are something Karst understands well. She has made a literary career out of addressing in warm and humorous prose the issues that tickle or trouble our souls, both spiritually and practically. Her audiences, readers, and worldwide fans delight in the truth of her promise and ability to "always keep it real." A "seeker" and spiritual student since childhood, her quest culminated in the writing of her first best selling book God Made Easy.

Hers is a miraculous story.

On the morning of November 11th, 1995, she was woken from a dream and an inner voice "told her" to write her first book. She did it in an hour and signed a publishing deal 3 weeks later! Patrice is also the author of The Single Mother's Survival Guide and her best selling children's books, The Invisible String, and The Smile that Went Around the World. Her books have been praised by the likes of John Grey (Men are from Mars-Women are from Venus), Barbara DeAngelis (Real Moments), Larry Dossey M.D. (Prayer is Good Medicine), and Dannion Brinkley (Saved by the Light). She has been featured on television shows across the country including MSNBC, CBS, C-SPAN, ABC News, The Early Show, Fox News. She is interviewed on hundreds of radio shows all over the nation and has written for and been featured in various magazines and newspapers including, McCall's, Woman's Day, Science of Mind, Time Magazine and The Philadelphia Enquirer, Los Angeles Times among many others.

Patrice lives in Los Angeles at the beach. When not creating, studying, and touring she has a thriving private spiritual practice. Patrice Karst is a television producer and is president of Just Love™ Productions, which is producing the feature film The Seeker. JUST LOVE is the core message and mission that guides all of her work.

Reading level: Ages 3 and up.

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

I read this book to my 7 year old granddaughter. She has experienced loss in her life and separation anxiety has always been with her. She lives with us, her grandparents, since infancy. Her mommy is in and out of her life, her daddy was gone early and calls a couple times a year. Grandma copes with her own bipolar II disorder and so is not always 100% available emotionally for her. My ‘scream-free parenting’ skills are hard to find sometimes when gd is doing her defiant behaviors before bedtime – the hardest time of day for her, and it seems for me too. I was so grateful for this book last night to reconnect after such a stressful transition upstairs.

Gd really enjoyed this book, and was telling me all the colors of this string she was seeing– even though it was ‘invisible'. Red was when there was lots of love, yellow was when things were not as good, and black was when things were really angry and bad. I am not sure if she was describing her string end or the one attached to the other important people in her life. This was such a spontaneous response from her to the story. And God was in there too – the one creating the love in the beginning for us to share.  It opened up a chance for us to talk quietly about what was so hard for her about going to bed – her fears of monsters and of being alone.

I would suggest this book for all children, and caregivers too, as an opportunity to talk about love and attachment.

qcr

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
oglobaith

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »

My grandchildren loved this book and were quite taken with the idea that the Invisible String is still there even though we're not living together. A lovely reassuring book
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions