Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 02:30:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dd 16 is home  (Read 692 times)
Speedracer

« on: December 13, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »

We brought her home today! She was in treatment for 32 days. The team gave her advice. Her medication is stable. We had a peaceful family meal!

She signed a family contract & we gave her a schedule through the end of Jan & beyond. She has a new appreciation for home.

Family, group, & individual therapy start next week. We found a new female psychiatrist.

Another crisis is behind us. I pray things keep on well! Will post updates.

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
mafmum

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »

i'm so happy for you! hold on to your relief and enjoy it a lot
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »

I hope you and your have a wonderfully blessed Christmas season!

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
griz

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:39:26 AM »

That sounds so wonderful.  I hope your Holidays are wonderful and filled with all good things.

Griz

Speedracer

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »

So far so good! She is on a very good path, finishing high school, accepted to college. She came home before curfew Sat night, saying her friends were going to a party where parents would not be home, she chose not to go with them. Her medication is working amazingly well. I feel guilty & like I'm jinxing myself by posting good news, but darn it I deserve to relish in this after all we've been through. I'm suffering PTSD symptoms & depression recovering from our last crisis, the Holidays coming, another year with no Christmas cards done, & the events in CT, over which I cut contact w my sister due to her ignorant opinions about meds & mental illness. Trying to focus on better things for the New Year. Hoping this good streak keeps up!
cfh

Relationship status: Married 30 + years and struggling under the strain

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »

speedracer

It's always so inspirational for us to hear good news. Gives us all hope for the future!

Thanks for posting.

cfh
vivekananda

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »

good news is what we crave 

I hope this good stuff lasts too. It seems so wonderful 

Keep up with your learning though in case there is a step backwards ... .there usually is, that's just life. Two steps forward, one back - or sideways ... .

take care Speedracer  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Vivek  
Speedracer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:17:41 PM »

I did jinx myself. We have had some rough patches. Communicating w her by text using DBT skills has helped. This way I have a record for therapy & truth cannot be distorted. We went to the dr for a virus yesterday & discovered she is bordering anorexic weight. The ex boyfriend is armed & dangerous, into drugs & gambling. Upping security, but he lives over 100 mi away. She seems too scared to contact him, & he has not shown he has been looking for her. So aside from these setbacks there is still noticeable progress. It is great to hear an apology after my authority is challenged. The house seems peaceful for Christmas. 2 therapy appts and 1 dr appt will follow this week. I will be praying for all those struggling with BPD to experience & recognize any progress! May we all find some peace in our existences! 
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »

I will be praying for all those struggling with BPD to experience & recognize any progress! May we all find some peace in our existences! 

What is in my heart and mind and prayers as well.

qcr  

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
Speedracer

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »

Update. Things at home are stable with dd since she's been home almost a month. Her younger siblings are vying for their emotional currency, showing anxiety & depression that may be from trauma & the season. I too am Suffering PTSD of sorts. I walk on eggshells, feel defeated, feel depression, want to isolate,  anger, want to be alone in my thoughts. I need time to process & recover even though things are better! we are seeking professional counseling. Even though dd is stable her moods swing on a dime. We stay out of her way & she is better about keeping it from upsetting all of us, takes it to her room. She has two therapists & a psych. I have my own. We do family sessions as well. Therapy bills are higher than the mortgage these days. But things are peaceful so we'll take it!
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:04 AM »

It does take some time to allow the positive things to take hold over all the negative experiences. It is part of a grieving process, IMHO. Be kind to yourself. So glad things are smoother - to build positive experiences for the memory banks.

qcr  

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Survive2012

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:27 AM »

Speedracer,

It is good to read that our hope is not mere theory! I am very happy the situation is stable for you and hope it is going to go even better. Try to recover a good home athmosphere and I hope everyone in the family will relax a bit.

Have a wonderful, relaxing day!

Survive
Speedracer

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:56 AM »

Up bright & early with your encouraging comments to start a new day & a new school semester. Living with a paradox gives it a new appearance in my mind. Thank you! Will update!
Esperança_Hope

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »

Dear Speedracer,

I´m so happy to hear about all this progress.

Take care of yourself because  it´s quite usual when a sick member of the family begins to get better... .  the others who suffered with the pain, ecc become with depression, fear, anger.  It´s a paradox, rally. Because things will cange a lot. there is a new movement in the area.

Keep on and my prayers for you all.

Love

Esperança
Speedracer

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »

Thank you for the comments. The last comment by Esperanca rings true. The therapist said similar things. We struggled a lot this week with distorting the truth, lying, ignoring one another. We've seen her be cruel to her siblings as they struggle in the wake of the last crisis. After a very difficult family therapy session this past week, the therapist says he sees progress. I couldn't believe it at the time, but as the week continued I saw he was right. Things are somewhat stable, and I continue to post on specific topics here to keep learning as we go. I'm not ignoring her, but I'm staying out of her way, lowering my expectations, and keeping demands low. I'm respecting her privacy while monitoring her safety. She is excited to be graduating in May and leaving for an excellent University in August. She found a roommate she will get to know more in coming months & they seem to have common interests. She really enjoys her weekly young adult group choice class that her therapist runs. she comes home from that in a good mood. But we've seen that her mood can shift at any time. We are cautious. Two doctor appointments, two therapy appointments, and one class for her next week, as we continue making progress.
jellibeans

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »

Your posts gives me hope for my dd15... .  so glad to see things heading in the right direction for you all.I am so happy for your daughter. I think it is best to try and remain neutral... .  not too optimist and not too discouraged... .  because there will always be highs and we know those lows will also come again but hopefully there will be more highs than lows
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest