Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 06:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cse mtg... blech  (Read 527 times)
llbee814

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married for thirty-two years, 57 w/ 4 children & 1sil & 1gd

« on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »

So, dd17 legitimately should have been "suspended" before the holidays, but attends an alternative high school so wasn't really "suspended" wink wink.  Even though it involved her being physically aggressive towards a girl (thankfully no injuries) I was only asked to keep her home the three days before the vacay (she finished out that day and came home on the bus and it was actually her that called me and not the school.)  There was and has never been any paperwork on this incident,  although it is now referred to as a suspension. After the holidays, I go in for prearranged mtg that I believed was more or less formality, which turns into basic enforced early graduation in 13 days of my daughter being put on the table.  I was stunned.  I also felt I was between a rock and a hard place.  I guess I still do, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).  I am so po'd!  At my dd for losing it at Ms queen bully bee with the mommy lawyer.  At the school for the second non-suspension (yup, they did the same thing again, only thankfully this time my dd wasn't aggressive.)  I have asked both districts for documentation and have nothing... .  except mistrust for what's going to go on at this mtg for her iep Wednesday morning.  I'm thinking i don't want the suspensions backdated since they weren't processed.  Since she's OHI (bipolar, ptsd)  should it present a problem if we all agree on a change of placement without trashing dd17?  Any thoughts?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Being Mindful

Relationship status: Married for 28 years

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »

Oh my llbee, how frustrating this situation.

What is an enforced early graduation? What does that mean?

Being Mindful
llbee814

Relationship status: married for thirty-two years, 57 w/ 4 children & 1sil & 1gd

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »

We are in NY, she has all her Regents credits in place already and supposedly could have finished the rest of what she needed "in 13 days" and graduated this month.  After Xmas vacay, her principal presented this as the best course of action for dds future.  Her home district had concerns with this (as did I.)  Her principal passes it off as our choice and non -punitive.  (We did agree to it and dd was worrking very hard, but scenario with other girl was making situation impossible to accomplish there.)  Meanwhile, this could effectively go down as an explulsion on her records, when all is said and done.  Semantics!, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).  I wish people didn't play these stupid guessing games.  I'm no mindreader, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).  Too stressful.
almostvegan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »

Are you thinking of hiring an attorney? We met with a fantastic advocate. If you want her contact info ill be happy to post it for you. NYC area

llbee814

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »

Thank you, almost vegan... .  I'm going to hope for an amicable resolution tomorrow morning    otherwise, a good lawyer sounds perfect 
jellibeans

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »

I am not sure what the concern is... .  being forced to grad early? or having this on her record?

Sounds like they are not being up front with you... .  personally I would love for my daughter to grad early. It there a plan for the future? college?

I hope things go well for you tomorrow... good luck... .  be strong
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest