Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 11:23:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic connection with your pwBPD?  (Read 471 times)
AllyCat7

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 21, 2013, 12:58:42 AM »

Has anyone felt a psychic connection with their pwBPD?

Of the four guys I've dated, I believe two of them (Boyfriend 3 and 4) were def BPD (undiagnosed)--one an externalizer/rager (Boyfriend 3) and one an internalizer/silent type (Boyfriend 4). Another one (Boyfriend 2) definitely had BPD traits (internalizer), but I'm not sure if he was full blown or just had traits. With the two internalizers, I felt like I had an unspoken psychic bond with them. Whenever I thought about them, they would contact me. I also felt I could feel their emotions and even sometimes their thoughts by looking into their eyes. I could also feel their emotions when we weren't near each other.

One really uncanny thing with B2 happened after we broke up but had gotten back in touch. This was back when MySpace was first getting big. We weren't on each others pages since we were broken up and both our pages were private. I used to check his page anyway to look at the default pic and mood status (I was a bit obsessive and immature back then, I'll admit Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)). Anyway, I had a dream one night that I checked his page and it was made public so I could see everything on it. The next morning, I woke up and checked his page like I normally did, and guess what? It was public! It really creeped me out, but it was also pretty cool. He closed it later that day. But it was exactly how it happened in my dream.

With B4 (the most recent), I had a strong connection with him, too. Throughout our two year relationship, I felt like I could feel EXACTLY how he was feeling at any time--even if we weren't in touch. If I was overwhelming him, I could feel his annoyance with me, after which he would pull away. Then after a couple of days, I could feel the exact moment he would miss me, and he would usually reach out to me around that time. Even if he pulled away for other reasons, I could always feel the exact moment he would miss me, and that's when he would reach out. Another example of this is that he forgot my birthday a couple months ago (because he was mad at me at the time about God knows what). I called him out on it in a way that I guess made him feel bad. I tried to be careful not to, but he is very sensitive. Anyway, he pulled away for over a week. During that week, I felt his emotions change from anger towards me for making him feel bad to extreme guilt for forgetting my bday. The guilt/shame feeling that I sensed was so strong that I actually felt it myself. It overwhelmed me for a whole day and made my heart go out to him for going through that. So I sent him an email to alleviate some of it. I told him that it's ok. These things happen and that we should move on. Although he didn't reply, I felt his relief after I sent it. I texted him the following day (knowing the coast was clear), after which he instantly replied.

Anyway, these are just a couple examples of a strong unspoken connection to my BPD guys (just the internalizers, though. I didn't feel that with the rager one). B4 is a Pisces and I'm a Scorpio. Those two are known to have a strong psychic bond, so I'm not sure how much of it is because of that or how much of is because of the BPD, or maybe something else. Has anyone else felt this uncanny psychic connection with their pwBPD?
Washisheart

Relationship status: single

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »

You are not alone at all!

I know it sounds crazy, but I could not hear from uBPDso for weeks, then one day walk into my house & think "i have to clean up, he's coming over tonight" and he does. I can also predict his patterns with my dreams. When he is gone, I always dream he is going to come back before he does, as well as I can tell when he is about to start pulling away. About two weeks ago I had a dream he was leaving again, and woke upand just sadly curled up behind him & fell back asleep. I somehow continued the same dream, and in the second part of the dream he told me he was having that feeling again, but was determined to make it work & he wasn't going anywhere. The next day (awake now) I saw the sad distant look take him over & instead of reacting how he normally would, he got up and prepared this huge meal-at 11 pm!- to divert his attention.  When his feelings settled a little, He told me what goes on in his head and that he doesn't know why, I talked to him about it, and a little while later he was acting "normal" again. And he keeps saying he isn't going anywhere (like the dream).
Washisheart

Relationship status: single

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

I don't know if it's psychic as much as just knowing him really well, but he never calls me at work and one day last week I looked at the phone right before the time he takes his break & thought "he's sick, so he's going to call at any minute" and he did.
LetItBe

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:55 PM »

We totally have a psychic connection.  I've never experienced a relationship of any type where this was such a theme.
whahappened

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »

I had a very strong psychic connection with my former BPD friend. It was like having a sister.

There were a lot of synchronicities, being able to read each other's minds etc.

On one day we phoned each other at exactly the same time, one call would pick up the other would go to voicemail.

There were other signs and strange phenomena.

Never had a connection like this before.
mosaicbird

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »

Yes, I had - or believed I had - one with my exwBPD. When we weren't talking, I would suddenly have a day where I thought about her and felt myself reaching out for her in my mind... and she would always, seemingly out of the blue, contact me either directly or indirectly.

I don't know... .  it could be that we both just cycled very similarly and got triggered into wanting to contact the other at the same time.

benny2

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »

Yep same here. Although I have known him for years and thought we just knew each other so well, there are times when we feel each others emotions when we are apart. I do think that after you have been recycled so many times, you pretty much can predict their pattern and feel the pulling away before it happens. I backed out before he could even push me away this last time when I sensed it coming on. He was dumbfounded. We are at a casual basis for now, which seems to work for him but I know it bothers him knowing that I could find someone else. I just don't want him making false commitments to me again just because of that. Not really sure where we are headed this time.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest