Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 10:37:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rubbing salt in the wound  (Read 438 times)
FollowingBliss

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 10, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »

My ex-husband and I were trying to work things out, and he disappeared a few weeks ago. Last night he sent a link to the Lady Antebellum's song "One day you will"   Was this to rub salt in the wound?

I cried all night!  Why are they so cruel? 
trouble11

Relationship status: Broke up for the last time in October 2012

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

Um ... .  I just read those lyrics and didn't see it as rubbing salt in the wound.  On contrary ... .  it looked more like saying I made you feel bad and know that someday you will feel better again. Maybe there is more background that I'm missing though. IDK ... .  but to me it didn't look mean.  Hope that helps a little. 
FollowingBliss

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »

No, not at all... .  thanks for responding     I am sad because it means we are done.
FollowingBliss

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »

He said he is sorry for my pain also. But this means he is gone?
FollowingBliss

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »

am crying so hard cant breathe... .  someone please help me

wb1233

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »

Following Bliss,

I know how you feel. My exgf would always send me lyrics of love songs. When I guess she thought we we were done she sent me "It Must Have Been Love" from Pretty Woman. Her favorite movie. It was like a knife to my soul.  I guess it's their way of expressing what they can't feel.

Next time don't fall for the trap. Don't be baited. Don't read the lyrics or hear the songs. Guard your heart.

It's hard. It hurts. Comfort yourself. Be kind to you. It's not your fault. It's not his fault. It's the disorder.

I wish you comfort and peace in your time of sorrow.

FollowingBliss

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Oh, thats awful wb1233!  I am so sorry for your heartache also. 

wb1233

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »

Remember that we have to look at their actions and behaviors. They don't always line up with what they say. If he loves you and want's to work things out it should be supported by taking responsibilty for what he has done and followed up by actions to earn your trust back.

Otherwise sending lyrics and songs is very distorted and very immature in moments of crises. We need real human contact.
FollowingBliss

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »

He moved and changed all his contact information a while ago... .  right now I am restricted to email. Not allowed to have new number, address... .  
Traye

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »

Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" was the song she sent me.  Crushing, but very appropriate.  WB1233 is totally correct:  we have to look at their actions, not their words.  I found that with my uBPDexgf, her words were aspirational--what she hoped she could/would do... .  while her actions spoke the truth.

It's hard... .  very hard to recover from these relationships.  I'm digging myself out of my hole, and feel that I still have so far to go.  It's difficult to recognize when they're gone--really gone.  I have the comfort of knowing my relationship is over, and that it will never be recycled again.  Our breakup was too bad for anything to survive.  I'm ok with that.  Plus NC helps things also.  I'm moving on with my life.  I don't need this craziness any more.
wb1233

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »

Followingbliss

There are some incredible posts here by 2010. I suggest you take the time to read them all if you can. They have helped me tremendously. Most importantly is that we have to come to a place of radical acceptance. 2010 gives very detailed clinical explanations on why our relationships were destined to fail from the beginning. It wasn't us. It wasn't them. It was the disorder. Once we accept that we can then begin the healing proccess.

It's painful. I feel your pain. I have traveled down your road and have shared in your sorrow. Read and understand.
FollowingBliss

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 01:16:23 AM »

Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" was the song she sent me.  .

Oh, ouch. I am so sorry!  Who beyond middle school even does these things? Its as if they want

to twist the knife deeper.

FollowingBliss

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 01:18:52 AM »

Followingbliss

There are some incredible posts here by 2010. I suggest you take the time to read them all if you can. They have helped me tremendously. Most importantly is that we have to come to a place of radical acceptance. 2010 gives very detailed clinical explanations on why our relationships were destined to fail from the beginning. It wasn't us. It wasn't them. It was the disorder. Once we accept that we can then begin the healing proccess.

It's painful. I feel your pain. I have traveled down your road and have shared in your sorrow. Read and understand.

Thanks so much, wb!  I have started reading those posts from 2010.

Having such a hard time with this as he has split not only me, but also his two children black.

He sends them sad song links also, and the kids can't handle it.
Whitefang

Relationship status: Split 8-2012

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 08:37:55 AM »

My BPD ex was also famous for sending songs to "communicate".  Often i never saw how they were supposed to apply & she never had much explanation.  Then disappear for wks, as if the cryptic song was supposed to contain all i needed to know.  Lol what a weird joke.
Changed4safety

Relationship status: Living together, three and a half years

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »

Mine sent songs as well... .  Interesting.  I know that music was very important to him, but it is interesting, once again, to hear that so many of us have experienced the same thing.   To me, it reinforces that this is the illness manifesting in common and predictable ways.  Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like crazy... .  
FollowingBliss

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »

It really is interesting to know others have experienced the same thing. Is this a common thing they do before bolting? 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest