Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 03:02:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's over. I wonder what I can expect?  (Read 353 times)
struggletown

« on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:30 PM »

Hi all, I had found this forum a great source of information. I am sorry to say that I am leaving the relationship with my BPDgf. She has started treatment but the emotional toll on me is too much.

I am having recurring nightmares about her funeral, she talks about and has attempted suicide. I can’t sleep. I’m drinking too much. I’m having panic attacks for the first time in life. I am seeing a counsellor.

I truly love her, and I have left before, but this is it. I hope we can be friends, but that won’t be right now. I need to get on with my life, and so does she.

A couple of years ago I came out of a 12 year relationship with a nonBPD woman. This last BPD relationship has been going for 1 year and I’m finding the breakup harder. I have no anger against my BPDex. I have real concerns for her safety, she has spent so much time in mental health facilities over the last 4 months. So add this to the ‘normal’ breakup moods of sadness and wallowing in self-pity….and you can see why this is rough.

I don’t expect her to accept my point of view, but surely she should be able to see the toll the relationship is taking on me?

I know she’ll be with someone very soon. She is very attractive and can’t handle being alone.

I suppose I’ll just get thrown on the heap of ___hole ex-boyfriends that she talks about…

Sabine

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »

struggletown,

A lot of us here know exactly how you feel and you're right, it's a lot different breaking up with a pwBPD than a NON. This site will help you find your way. It's hard but it's not impossible. It sounds like you gave it your best shot and need to start taking care of yourself now. Actually, you've already started doing that by ending it.

I recommend trying some of the workshops on this site and look to the right side of this screen and click on "The Five Stages of Detachment" panel... .  

Hang in there, you're doing great! 
OTH
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single

It's not too late to make better choices

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »

It is up to you how you handle it. Breakups are hard. These are very emotional relationships. What is your plan? What does pursuing your own best interests look like to you?

Mary Oliver:  Someone I loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift

struggletown

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »

Thanks OTH.

Right now puruing my best interests means keeping myself occupied. Right now that does include drinking and casual sex. (No - I'm not BPD!). I started No Contact 2 days ago, she called me to tell me she was going to kill herself, as if I could stop her by going back. I need to move on.

Thanks for the support. Friends are helpful, but they don't understand BPD. It is so awful.
turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »

What you can expect long term is a much better life.

I realize that's not where you are today and that it probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but that IS what the future holds.

turtle

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest