Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 26, 2024, 01:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FaceBook Cover Puzzle .  (Read 441 times)
wanttoknowmore

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 03, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »

Fellow members,

I need you to make me understand this situation as it is bothering me and keeping me stuck at "staying board"

2+ years long intense, close relationship with gf,hardly any notable break up until 10 days ago when she got dysregulated due to recurrence of grief after visiting a hospice PLUS my mishandling by invalidating her feelings and fears.

She is giving silent treatment for 10 days and texts"make me move on" "I have to move on and you can too" "you are such a loving and caring person... million thanks to you" (last text 4 days ago)

Puzzle is this: We went to my native country bought her a very expensive attire (symbolic very ethnic of my ancestral background) She put that,proudly,as her facebook cover 6 months ago. The picture remains as it is  as of today.

Also, about 1 year ago, she made a facebook account with screen name which includes half of letters from my first name and half of letters from her first name,linked this a/c to her original facebook a/c . This still remains untouched and I can see everything she is posting,pictures,her friends etc.

She never blocked anything.  What does her actions tell about her intentions to stay in this r/s? Because if I make a decision too fast to leave r/s , I might never be able to come back. I dont act impulsively but once I decide it's final. Please help me understand her so I don'tmake a wrong decision.

I still care about her though with each day passing, feelings have started to slowly erode. She is not with anyone else but spending time with her old female friends. (She doesnot change things quickly. She has not changed her primary physician in 5 years inspite of being unhappy with his services. Dont like to change her car for years even if she can easily afford a new model.Same employer  for last 20 years.)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

inepted

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »

Trust me, trying to figure out her actions wont get you anywhere. She may not even understand her actions right now. In fact right now she may be having an even harder time than you are trying to understand her own actions. Trying to decipher her actions will only cause you to run around in circles.

Maybe she feels like there isn't a need to change anything about her facebook. In fact, the thought maybe hasn't even crossed her mind. All you can really do is wait it out. At least thats what i can tell you from my own experience anyways.
CodependentHusband

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »

Based on my experience with noticing how my BPD wife updates her FB account, and what she tends to do and not do in terms of blocking me when she does, etc, I've learned to not read into her actions on social networking sites. I've come to the conclusion that when my wife DOES block me on FB, it is because she is reacting to something very much in the moment when she sees a post that triggers her somehow.

If she is at all like my wife, she needs space, but needs to know that you are there. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope thinsg get better for you soon! I know this is hard!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest