Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 07, 2024, 09:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So much so much  (Read 497 times)
StrugglingMom76

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 04, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »

My daughter's Missing poster I put on facebook was shared over 12,000 TIMES she has been found. Here is what I posted for everyone following our story I have so much more to tell all of you because you know the living hell our family is going through but I need sleep so badly.

**FOUND** My daughter has been found and is now safe and admitted into a longer care facility to get her the help that she needs. I cannot thank everyone that shared her poster for your help, If it was not for all of you she would not be safe. Our lives have been a roller coaster due to mental illness. Our system needs a serious change and I am lucky that I was able to find my daughter before something really horrible happened. Many young people were involved in my daughter disappearance they helped conceal where she was, would lie and even misled me to look in other places. Each of them should be ashamed of themselves. Some of these people are even parents themselves. They were aware of her mental illness and they helped her go on day on day drug and alcohol binges just adding to her mental despair. I do not claim to be a prefect mom, but I know for a fact and can hold my head up and say I have done everything I can to the BEST of my ability and our system failed us. I am just thankful my daughter is now safe and not in a body bag. I hope everyone reads this and maybe thinks a minute of why so many horrible things are happening in our society, how many of these events are tied into mental illness. It is obvious there is a lack of proper help for young people such as my daughter. They are bounced between our mental health and court systems passing the buck to one another and making parents feel weak and helpless. I am a single mom, I have a young son as well who suffers in this whole situation. We need more help before it is too late and there are so many other parents like me out there. No one realizes that many lose their jobs as I did trying to help our kids and we are ourselves teetering on the brink of losing it all both mentally and financially. Fighting shut off notices, eviction hearings all while trying to keep a brave face for our kids. When this is settled down I am going to take the time to see what can be done to really help not just the children mentally struggling but for their entire families. Thank you again everyone hug your children tight! ♥
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
lbjnltx
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: widowed

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »

Dear Strugglingmom,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your d is safe.  We look forward to learning more about where she is and how you are coping.  For now... .  just rest knowing she is safe.

lbj

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
Being Mindful

Relationship status: Married for 28 years

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »

Strugglingmom, Peace and rest to you this night. I'm so glad she has been found.

Being Mindful
mamachelle

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »

Beautifully and powerfully written FB post.

So glad she was found.  

Kate4queen

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:02:33 AM »

Very glad to hear she was found and your FB post was moving and heartfelt. Bless you.
griz

Relationship status: married

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 06:22:23 AM »

I am glad that your daughter was found and now you can hopefully get some rest and nuture yourself a little bit.  Your post was beautiful and heartfelt.  Please let us know how you and your daughter and your son is doing.  In the meantime I am sending you wishes of peace and love.

Griz
somuchlove
Formerly " t6450"

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:30:53 AM »

So glad now that you know where she is.  I hope you can get some rest and spend a little time for you as you continue through this journey.  You are not alone in this.  I hear your frustration with the system.  It is better than it was and your dd is lucky to have you and your love. 
twojaybirds

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

thank you for letting us know of your dd safety.

Rest... .  hug your son... .  be well... keep posting
Reality

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »

My daughter's Missing poster I put on facebook was shared over 12,000 TIMES she has been found. Here is what I posted for everyone following our story I have so much more to tell all of you because you know the living hell our family is going through but I need sleep so badly.

**FOUND** My daughter has been found and is now safe and admitted into a longer care facility to get her the help that she needs. I cannot thank everyone that shared her poster for your help, If it was not for all of you she would not be safe. Our lives have been a roller coaster due to mental illness. Our system needs a serious change and I am lucky that I was able to find my daughter before something really horrible happened. Many young people were involved in my daughter disappearance they helped conceal where she was, would lie and even misled me to look in other places. Each of them should be ashamed of themselves. Some of these people are even parents themselves. They were aware of her mental illness and they helped her go on day on day drug and alcohol binges just adding to her mental despair. I do not claim to be a prefect mom, but I know for a fact and can hold my head up and say I have done everything I can to the BEST of my ability and our system failed us. I am just thankful my daughter is now safe and not in a body bag. I hope everyone reads this and maybe thinks a minute of why so many horrible things are happening in our society, how many of these events are tied into mental illness. It is obvious there is a lack of proper help for young people such as my daughter. They are bounced between our mental health and court systems passing the buck to one another and making parents feel weak and helpless. I am a single mom, I have a young son as well who suffers in this whole situation. We need more help before it is too late and there are so many other parents like me out there. No one realizes that many lose their jobs as I did trying to help our kids and we are ourselves teetering on the brink of losing it all both mentally and financially. Fighting shut off notices, eviction hearings all while trying to keep a brave face for our kids. When this is settled down I am going to take the time to see what can be done to really help not just the children mentally struggling but for their entire families. Thank you again everyone hug your children tight! ♥

StrugglingMom76,

Thank you for your wonderful caring... .  and understanding of the difficulties families face.  

I hope things start turning and turning in a good way.  

Reality
mggt

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

struggling mom so glad you have found your daughter Hopefully you can get some much needed rest. 
whiletheseasonspass

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

Dear Stugglingmom,

I am so glad your dd is safe and in a longer term facility.    

As tired as you are- you wrote your post so beautifully - expressing it all in a nutshell.  The fear, the exasperation about the laws- mental health system.   I too have thought about how I would like to get the laws changed in our state- but I cannot for presently my dd refuses to believe that she is mentally ill and there's more why I can't go that route.  I believe that you have the right personality to make changes.

For now- take care of YOU and your son- and allow yourself the sleep you deserve- in between the "clean-up" work that resulted from doing what you had to do.  You are a great mother.  

I can so relate to the disbelief that there are willing enablers out there who hid your dd-- for if not for such people in our lives- we would stand a better chance- with our dd- to get her help.  Well that and the laws that work against the mentally ill from getting the help they need... .  and the lack of so much else that adds to this national problem. 

But anyway for now-     and once again- glad your work paid off and you found your dd and she is presently safe!

Take care,

wtsp
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »

strugglingmom - thanks so much for this update and sharing your FB message. I hope you can take a few days to heal and be with your son.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the fianacial worries to find solutions too - this adds so much extra burden when things are already so emotionally overwhelmed. And prayers that you D will find some healing as well - at least a start in a better direction.

Come back when you are able to share as you need to. We are here for you.

qcr  

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
MammaMia

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »

Strugglingmom

We are SO glad to hear from you... .  we were worried!

DD is where she needs to be.  This is a chance for you to catch your breath, and hopefully, everything else will fall into place.  You have been through enough.

Wishing you comfort and peace.
cfh

Relationship status: Married 30 + years and struggling under the strain

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »

strugglingmom

Try to rest your heart/soul/mind now that you know she is safe.  What a terrifying world we love in... .  I am sending positive thoughts to you and your son and of course your daughter.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest