Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 07:43:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Mothers Day to all my friends here.  (Read 464 times)
angeldust1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« on: May 08, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »

As we know Mothers Day is Sunday,  a day mothers should look forward to.  Most of us will either not hear from our pwBPD or it will be another heart break for us in some way.  We all must remember that  what ever happens this day it is ours to celebrate,  simply because we gave birth to them  and should be honored.  But this disorder is not about us,  it is about them.  They may or may not  remember us,  but in their heart of hearts they know they have a mother, ( they weren't hatched from an egg, )  and whether they acknowledge us or not,  we still deserve to have the best Mothers Day possible. My prayer for all of you that are mothers,  is for you to be good to yourself,  be kind to yourself, and love yourself,   but most of all remember  to celebrate the fact that you are a mother.

I hope in some way each of us,  will be acknowleged for our efforts.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »

angeldust - maybe my gd7 will honor me in some way on Sunday. DD and dh used to always get a big pot of flowers for outside the front door. I said no last year - not in the budget. Maybe gd and dh won't listen to my practical mind this time Smiling (click to insert in post)  And then DD will be here Sunday night to sleep in anticipation of her probation appt on Monday early. Hope we can all avoid confrontation and have a peaceful time. That is what i really want for the day.

Before we adopted DD my loving dh would honor me as a loving woman on this day. Hope we each have someone in our lives to share some love with us on Sunday.

qcr  

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
vivekananda

Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »

I will be having my 103 yr old mum for lunch (tough old bird  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) joke... .  y'get it?)

It will be a good thing to do and is our annual thing. Of dd, nothing expected, no disappointment. C'est la vie

Vivek    
griz

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »

Thank you for such a beautiful sentiment AD.  I haven't had a peaceful or Happy Mother's Day in so long.

Griz
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest