Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 07:11:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He's agreed to help, we will see...  (Read 366 times)
Jeansok

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« on: May 28, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »

Hey there, my H is BPD, though hasn't been formally diagnosed. It's like reading my life story what I've seen on here. My husband recently agreed to see someone "with me". If you read my introduction post it will explain my situation. But basically we will have been married 2 years this October and have a one year old. I have a 7 year old from a previous marriage. I didn't know what in the word was wrong w/my husband for about a year and a half then started researching some things. At first I thought bipolar, but BPD explains him to a T. As I mentioned he's agreed to get help, though I'm not even sure he knows what he has. I talked about it to the therapist we will be seeing briefly so at least she has an idea of the situation. My H made the comment today that we might only need to see her a couple of times... . hmm. We will see... .
Vanillaradio

Relationship status: Married 3 years

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »

Smiling (click to insert in post) I am so glad, you found the forums and that your BP is agreeing to help. Sounds like you are already doing so much research. Excellent! Education is imperative so you can fully understand BP and the long road of recovery. Buckle your seat belt, it may be a bumpy ride and it is no quick fix but there is hope for remission. Dr. Marsha Linehan, the creator or DBT, is in a wonderful video on YouTube called, "Back from the Edge." I found it really helpful. Eventually, I had my BPDh watch it as well.

One note, and you will see Dr. Marsha mention it in the video, (she is the creator of the DBT therapy for BPD) she says success depends on a therapist who truly understands and is trained in BPD.  Also, see what may be available for you individually. You will need a supportive, safe place of guidance and perspective.

Wishing you all the best! Stay hopeful and learn, learn, learn.

Jeansok

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

Thank you so much!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest