Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 03:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help  (Read 424 times)
Dee Dee

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 16, 2013, 06:03:58 AM »

Just had a phone call from hospital near the clinic my daughter was staying at she left the clinic someone injected speed to her,  she was found having a seizure on the beach and transported to hospital. The doctor said she was given the option of going back to the clinic but he thought she was going to take more drugs she has been scheduled under the mental health act. The doctor asked me to come tomorrow I can't as I have exhausted all my leave I also watched the video about parents going to the hospital my previous behaviour always being there for her has not been working I have arranged a family friend to go to the hospital tomorrow - my heart is still breaking - will the chaos ever end :'( :'(
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Gidget

Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:11:51 AM »

So Sorry for what you are going thru I will pray for you and your daughter. I have been in the same place my daughter never in hospital or took drugs although I know the feeling of having to decide what choice to make at the time and not feeling guilty over it. Also the repercussion of the choice you did make. ie anger and hate from them not putting them first. I just have begun to learn the word no and I can't without feeling guilty. I put my job on the line so many times to be there for my daughter and when I started to say I can't I was a horrible Mother only you can decide what is the best choice to make at the time. Good luck to both of you
Gidget

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »

So Sorry for what you are going thru I will pray for you and your daughter. I have been in the same place my daughter never in hospital or took drugs although I know the feeling of having to decide what choice to make at the time and not feeling guilty over it. Also the repercussion of the choice you did make. ie anger and hate from them not putting them first. I just have begun to learn the word no and I can't without feeling guilty. I put my job on the line so many times to be there for my daughter and when I started to say I can't I was a horrible Mother only you can decide what is the best choice to make at the time. Good luck to both of you

Adult daughter
Dee Dee

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »

Yes that's right Gidget thank you for reply sometimes prayer is the only answer I am so great full I found this website 
crazedncrazymom

Relationship status: Married 19 years

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 06:36:30 AM »

Hi Dee Dee,

You must be so heartbroken that your dd is using drugs.  What do you mean when you say someone injected her?  Did she want them to inject her or was this against her will?  I don't recall you mentioning this.  Does your daughter have a problem with drug addiction?  I assume she does, but just wanted to clarify.

It is so hard when we have to make a decision that doesn't put our children first.  I know you've already thought of this, and I'm going to remind you.  If you don't have a job, you won't be able to help your child.  Sometimes we have to triage ourselves and make sure everything is okay with our own lives before we can put effort into our child's life.  You're doing that by going to work and making sure your job, which probably provides you a sense of sanity as well as a paycheck, is still going to be there for you.

I think it's wonderful that you are able to send a family friend to monitor the hearing and inform you of what goes on. Please be kind to yourself.
Gidget

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 06:45:58 AM »

Please do let me know how it works out with your daughter. Drugs are so rampant now a days. I always feared that my daughter didn't turn to drugs. There is help for her out there. I am sure you are just as torn as I was with those choices especially since I was a single parent. We tend to beat ourselves up so much. I am sure you are a loving Mother just like we all are here on this board to understand our children because we love them.

Let me know how it works out and that person who did that to her should be in jail

God Bless
Dee Dee

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »

Hi she has cerebral palsy and could not inject herself as she has ataxia she has had an addiction to Valium that was prescribed for her CP she must have wanted to be injected though I have never thought this would happen feels like a bad nightmare thank you for posts

Her diagnosis is BPD and benzodiazapeen abuse as well as cerebral palsy her father has a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I am a sole parent need to the pay the mortgage and bills she has been in and out of a private clinic since April it has been a constant struggle how far lower can she/we go I can only take one day one hour at a time her poor little soul please pray for her 
Kate4queen

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »

Hi she has cerebral palsy and could not inject herself as she has ataxia she has had an addiction to Valium that was prescribed for her CP she must have wanted to be injected though I have never thought this would happen feels like a bad nightmare thank you for posts

Her diagnosis is BPD and benzodiazapeen abuse as well as cerebral palsy her father has a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I am a sole parent need to the pay the mortgage and bills she has been in and out of a private clinic since April it has been a constant struggle how far lower can she/we go I can only take one day one hour at a time her poor little soul please pray for her 

I do hope she is okay.

My BPD son also has cerebral palsy, the diplegic kind so he just walks awkwardly and has stiffness and muscular issues. It just complicates everything so much more, doesn't it? And makes you feel so awful as a parent when you  have to deal with these multiple issues.
BioAdoptMom3

Relationship status: Married for 28 years

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »

BPD is a horrible diagnosis and my heart goes out to you dealing with this on a day to day basis!  I cannot say I know exactly what you are going through as our 14 y/o BPD traits DD hasn't resorted to drugs, at least not yet.  We are dealing with suicidal threats and attempts, cutting, bulimia and constant broken relationships, so I do understand the stress, worry, fear and pain.  Please know that we are here for you and you are in my prayers as we speak!  Please do what you can to keep your job and take care of yourself!   
Dee Dee

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 06:26:07 AM »

Dear Kateforqueen and bioadoptmum

Thank you for responding picked her up from the hospital this evening the clinic had decided to shcedule her and this terrified her she said she was ready to watch TV and all of a sudden police and ambulance were there to take her to a psyc hospital she was strapped in and had a panic attack felt betrayed by those at the clinic and the psyc assessment put her into my care I don't know how we will go will put some of the the tools to the right on the bathroom as suggested on another post the psychiatrist said well we've tried everything just let her go and see what happens she is so demanding already it is so difficult pushing my buttons - but she's alive and home   how does everyone else have the energy levels to survive I am exhausted full on day at work and just returned from a five hour round trip from two hospitals

Where is me time? None oh well new day tomorrow
Gidget

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 06:30:33 AM »

So sorry DeDe I think I always dealt with it one day at a time
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Dee Dee

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »

Well 2nd day home with daughter -I had to work she did so well today for most of it tidyed her room made phone calls went to school event then went to doctor for more medication and came undone still we got there in the end   I have to believe in the best in her  hopefully she will make it to Uni   I am starting to see how I can work harder  with the tools and lessons thank you 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest