Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wise words from dumbledore  (Read 378 times)
Mazda

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 23, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »

Can you think what the Mirror of Erised shows us all?" Harry shook his head.

"Let me explain. The happiest man on earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror, that is, he would look into it and see himself exactly as he is. Does that help."

Harry thought. Then he said slowly, "It shows us what we want... . whatever we want... . "

"Yes and no," said Dumbledore quietly.

"It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts. You, who have never known your family, see them standing around you. Ronald Weasley, who has always been overshadowed by his brothers, sees himself standing alone, the best of all of them. However, this mirror will give us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible.

"The Mirror will be moved to a new home tomorrow, Harry, and I ask you not to go looking for it again. If you ever do run across it, you will now be prepared. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that. Now, why don't you put that admirable cloak back on and get off to bed.

santa

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »

LOL

Do more! Do more!
Mazda

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »

Would you guys judge me if I say I've daydreamed about having an invisibility cloak and exacting revenge on voldemort?

In case you haven't realised... . I'm a Harry potter fan Smiling (click to insert in post)
Ironmanrises

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:46 PM »

Not at all. I am a huge Ironman fan and I would reference and visualize myself standing before her with a brand new Mark III anti-BPD suit interlaced with titanium armor. So I would be the last guy to judge. 
RecycledNoMore

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:24:05 AM »

Would you guys judge me if I say I've daydreamed about having an invisibility cloak and exacting revenge on voldemort?

In case you haven't realised... . I'm a Harry potter fan Smiling (click to insert in post)

O Maz Smiling (click to insert in post) , no judging here , I can tel ya ive wanted to poke my quidditch broom in many of my exes ' magical' places Smiling (click to insert in post)
Mazda

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 04:58:51 AM »

O Maz Smiling (click to insert in post) , no judging here , I can tel ya ive wanted to poke my quidditch broom in many of my exes ' magical' places Smiling (click to insert in post)

Hahaha! I wonder if j k Rowling had a BPD ex? 

Maybe that's where the imperious curse comes from... . as they control us!  And the crucius as they torture us!
waver

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married for 20 years

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 05:11:51 AM »

I have a Dementor at home... .     Smiling (click to insert in post)
Mazda

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

Lol! They use us to create horcruxes!

Ugh it's nice to be able to laugh about that lunatic now!
santa

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »

LMAO!

They suck the soul of out you!
musicfan42

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »

She was actually a victim of domestic abuse.

She married a Portuguese guy who actually sold his story to a tabloid newspaper years ago and openly admitted that he hit her during the marriage. She got a restraining order against him and eventually fled Portugal and ended up living in Scotland. The relationship was said to be stormy. It seemed to be a whirlwind romance. He liked the fact that she had red hair (she's obviously dyed her hair since) and they were both creative. He was working as a journalist and she had previously completed an English degree in the UK. She was teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in Portugal. She was friends with two girls who were also TEFL teachers and they were out one night in a bar and that's where she went the ex-husband. The marriage was brief-it only lasted a year and a half I think... something like that.

The dementors in the Harry Potter series are based on Rowling's experiences with depression. The books also deal with death and loss a lot because Rowling really struggled after the death of her mother with whom she was close.

She's said that Voldemort is a psychopath and was inspired by world leaders like Hitler and Stalin.

The character of Rita Skeeter in Book 5 is said to be inspired by Rowling's dislike of the British media. Rita Skeeter constantly harasses Harry Potter about his personal life; asking him intrusive questions about the death of his parents etc. Rowling appeared at the Leveson Inquiry and complained about press intrusion into her private life.

Yes, I'm a nerd for knowing this stuff... Being cool (click to insert in post)
santa

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

She was actually a victim of domestic abuse.

She married a Portuguese guy who actually sold his story to a tabloid newspaper years ago and openly admitted that he hit her during the marriage. She got a restraining order against him and eventually fled Portugal and ended up living in Scotland. The relationship was said to be stormy. It seemed to be a whirlwind romance. He liked the fact that she had red hair (she's obviously dyed her hair since) and they were both creative. He was working as a journalist and she had previously completed an English degree in the UK. She was teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in Portugal. She was friends with two girls who were also TEFL teachers and they were out one night in a bar and that's where she went the ex-husband. The marriage was brief-it only lasted a year and a half I think... something like that.

The dementors in the Harry Potter series are based on Rowling's experiences with depression. The books also deal with death and loss a lot because Rowling really struggled after the death of her mother with whom she was close.

She's said that Voldemort is a psychopath and was inspired by world leaders like Hitler and Stalin.

The character of Rita Skeeter in Book 5 is said to be inspired by Rowling's dislike of the British media. Rita Skeeter constantly harasses Harry Potter about his personal life; asking him intrusive questions about the death of his parents etc. Rowling appeared at the Leveson Inquiry and complained about press intrusion into her private life.

Yes, I'm a nerd for knowing this stuff... Being cool (click to insert in post)

That's pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I think my favorite character in the Potter series is Sirius Black.
RecycledNoMore

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »

Wow musicfan thanks for that...

Its interesting stuff, a great insight into JK Rowlings life, what an amazing sucess story... .

P.s nerds rule, dont let anybody tell you otherwise...

Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest